Genesis Rhapsodos x Reader

"There is no hate, only joy.
For you are beloved by the goddess. Hero if the Dawn, Healer of Worlds," Genesis read from his book, Loveless.

You were a 2nd Class SOLDIER, training to become a 1st Class. Genesis was your mentor. He had always believed in your skills, even though the others doubted you, because you were a girl. He liked to take you to the Training Center when nobody was there. He would like to sit and view the scenery with you. He would never admit it in front of the others, but he liked you. No one would approve of you being paired together if you liked each other.

Genesis closed the small book, sticking it into his pocket.

"(Y/N), would you like to have a small brawl?" Genesis asked, getting ready to change the arena.

"Sure, I haven't fought anything in a few days, it would be good to practice," you said, picking up your sword.

"Don't hold back, give me everything you've got," Genesis said, walking across the room.

The training room went from a calming waterfall to the outskirts of Midgar. Genesis ran toward you, without warning, swinging his red sword at you. You moved just in time to block it.

You knew that you could easily beat Genesis. He knew that, too. The only way for him to possibly win would be to strike first, when you were not expecting an attack.

Your swords flew, sparks showered the ground around you. You were starting to overpower Genesis when the door opened. You turned your head, just stepping out of the reach of Genesis' sword.

Sephiroth had walked into the room, his long silver hair flowing behind his as he walked.

"Genesis, do you mind if I take your place for a moment? I'd like to see how she stands against me," Sephiroth said.

Genesis moved over to you to give you a few words of advice before your battle started.

"He is very fast and strong. Pay attention to every move he makes. I believe that you can beat him," Genesis said with a smile.

Your fight started. Sephiroth let you make the first move. He countered and you easily blocked him. The fighting continue for a few minutes before you decided to push yourself to your limit.

You never had fought anything to your full capacity. You were strong like the other SOLDIER 1sts, but Genesis was the only one who knew.

You fought faster. A smile crossed Sephiroth's features, he was starting to fight more aggressively.

You ended up outdoing Sephiroth, and he surrendered.

"Genesis, why haven't you already recommended her for 1st?" Sephiroth looked at you. "She beat me."

"We have discussed it. She feels as if she needs more guidance, still. I try to take her word into consideration. If you think she should be a 1st, I guess I'll talk to Lazard," Genesis said.

A smile spread across your face. You always told Genesis that you never felt ready to move up because you didn't want to sound self-centered.

Genesis walked you over to his apartment. You usually stayed there so that you could talk to someone. He would always listen, even if it was about something irrelevant.

"(Y/N) (L/N)... SOLDIER 1st Class. How does that sound?" Genesis asked.

"I am excited, but what if I don't meet everyone's expectations?" you responded.

"You'll be the first girl. Everyone is gonna love you," Genesis said, sitting down on your bed.

You sat up, scooting over next to Genesis.

"You really think so?" you asked.

"I know so," Genesis wrapped his arms around you.

After you hugged, Genesis walked over to his bed. You slept hard that night.

Genesis waited until you fell asleep to go and talk to the Director. They talked and filled out the paperwork, allowing you to become a SOLDIER 1st Class.

***

You woke up and walked to your closet. You opened it up, finding a beautiful (F/C) jacket. You put on your uniform and put the jacket on. You looked into your mirror, noticing how the (F/C) perfectly complemented your features.

Genesis was waiting for you, with breakfast on the table. You sat down, looking over at Genesis. He had a smile on his face.

"I knew that you would look good in (F/C), but I had no idea that you would look so beautiful," he said.

"Are you the one who put this in my closet?" you asked.

"I've had it for a while. I was waiting to give it to you when became a 1st. I guess I made a mistake, not recommending you for so long," Genesis smiled.

"I don't mind. Thank you for the jacket, it's pretty," you said, taking a bite out of your waffle.

"Anything for you, my goddess."

____________________________________

(A/N)

Hope you enjoyed this! I feel like Genesis doesn't get enough attention.

It makes me happy when I get feedback on my stories. I know that people have read them, but I don't know if I am meeting my readers expectations. Don't be afraid to tell me your thoughts, whether they are good or bad. I like criticism, it can help me improve my stories.

Please tell me who you would like to see in the next oneshot. I can't decide who to write about next. Besides, I feel more motivated to write a story when someone requests one.