Chapter Four

Darting back through the trees, I ran back towards the house.

"Shit." I muttered.

Making my way under branches and stepping over vines, I managed to barely make out the light from the house.

Suddenly, I was knocked backwards onto the ground, landing hard on my back.

I had ran into Dad....

He grabbed me harshly by the arm and dragged me towards the house. I violently flailed to break free but his grip wouldn't budge.

Would this be my last night? Would this be my last glimpse of the outside world? This left me shaking in fear.

"Wait! Stop!" I screamed at him, but this had no effect.

We made it back to the house and he roughly shoved me in the back door, clipping my head on the counter as I fell. I looked up with black spots forming in my vision already and see him smiling at me.

Seeing this made me realize something deep down. I can't pity this man. I hate him.

His figure still looming over me, he grabbed hold of my neck and cut off my air slightly, before punching my stomach with all his might.

"Uhf.."

"You like it? Want more?"

I shook my head no, not being able to speak, or breathe for that matter, but that didn't mean a thing.

He stood up and a wash of relief passed over me, until I felt a sharp pain in my side. Kicks, and lots of them. I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited for it to stop, starting to black out

After what seemed like forever, it did. I didn't open my eyes, afraid the pain would start again. Then he spoke,

"Since you're so fond of being outside, your ass can sleep there."

I heard his feet shuffle up the stairs as he began to chuckle to himself, then the faint sound of his door closing.

Before losing consciousness, I gently pulled myself up off the floor. As I passed the kitchen window and assessed the damage.

"Bastard." I snarled.

I couldn't feel the blood trickling down my the side of my face, but I could definitely see the gash at my hairline, and the knot forming. I figured I would check the rest out later as I headed out the door.

"And tomorrow I have school."