Chapter Six

~Chapter Six

Ashlynn's P.O.V.

Fluttering my eyelashes, I slowly woke up. Last night must have been bad because my body was sore all over.

I see the sun start to rise and I muster enough strength to stand up. I need to get back to the house and get ready for my first day of school.

Once I'm back, I walk as fast and quietly as I can up the stairs, careful not to wake Him.

I went straight for the bathroom and turned on the hot water and shower. After peeling off my clothes, I looked at myself in the mirror.

From the cut on my head, to the bruises on my stomach, I looked terrible. Bags had started forming under my eyes from crying.

I turned my head from the horrendous sight and got in the shower.

Once I was clean of dirt, blood, and tears, I walked to my room wrapped in a towel and went to the closet. I grabbed my undergarments and slipped them on, and threw down the towel.

Sifting through my clothes, I grabbed a black Woe, Is Me shirt, a Tripp mini, and some black tights.

I started on my makeup once I was dressed. I sat at my vanity and began with my foundation. A plus about being pale is I can cake it on and be able to cover the bruises exceptionally well without turning orange.

I finished with a little blush and went to my eyeshadow. With a dark grey base, I put black on the crease and blended white on my brow bone. The smokey eye look was the best look.

I topped off the look with fanned out eyeliner and a bit of mascara.

I decided to wear my Monroe piercing today so I put in the small stud and went to grab my shoes.

Slipping on my converse and grabbing my black zip hoodie and school bag, I was out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made it to school faster than I thought I would. We had passed it on the way to the house the yesterday so I had a general idea of where to walk.

I stepped inside the school and instantly was thankful the office was right inside the entrance.

After I got my schedule, I headed in the direction of my first class, using the directions from the secretary. I think I took a wrong turn somewhere.

"Room 101--English" read the sign on the door I had come to. Gently knocking, I patiently awaited a reply. I had taken much too long searching for the class and made myself late.

I pulled my hood up in hopes that no one would look at me and see through my makeup. I can't have any questions, I wouldn't know what to even say.

Just then the door opened and revealed an elderly lady with a neat, white bun perched high on her head.

"Hello sweetheart, you must be new! Come in, come in! I'll be your Senior English teacher for the year, Mrs. Sawyer." She said excitedly. I nodded and handed her my slip.

She looked around the room searching for a seat and came across an empty one in the back next to a dark haired boy.

"You can sit right back there dear." She pointed her finger and I immediately went to it and sat down.

"Ms.-- Uhm.."

"Moore," I finished for her. "Ashlynn Moore."

"Yes, Ms. Moore. I'm sorry to inform you, but your hood will have to be removed." Crap. I had.totally forgotten about the rules, I was only thinking about my face.

I reluctantly slid my hood down and kept my head down. Pleased, Mrs. Sawyer turned around and continued writing on the board.

"Hi there, I'm Dakoda." I turned my head and saw the dark haired boy smiling at me.

"Erm, hello. I'm Ashlynn. I just moved here."

"Well Ashlynn, I'm sure we'll be very good friends."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dakoda's P.O.V.

Sitting in the back of my English class, I had zoned out from staring out the window. Class was always boring. Even if I tried to focus, nothing could shake the aching pain I felt.

After I had gotten home, my body hurt so badly and I still had no time to get any sleep.

I heard a knock on the door and Mrs. Sawyer went over to answer it.

"Hello sweetheart, you must be new! Come in, come in! I'll be your english teacher for the year, Mrs. Sawyer."

New kid? I watched as she made her way into the classroom. She wore dark clothes and I couldn't see her face since her hood was up. Losing interest, I went back to staring out the window.

I heard our teacher direct her to the seat next to mine.

"Yes, Ms. Moore. I'm sorry to inform you, but your hood will have to be removed." I heard her say.

Stealing a glance, I peeked over at her as she removed her hood and her blonde locks tumbled down. I gasped inwardly at who it was.

"The girl..."

She kept her head low as if trying to hide her face. She was hurt, I remembered. I strained my neck trying to steal a glance, but it didn't work. Plan B.

"Hi, I'm Dakoda." I said quietly, giving her a big smile.

She turned and looked at me, not raising her head much, but enough to see her face. "Erm, hello. I'm Ashlynn. I'm new here."

I could see a faint blue tint on the side of her face and dark spots on her neck. That said it all. This was the girl from last night. I had to go back again tonight.

"Well Ashlynn, I'm sure we'll be very good friends."

****A/N Hey! I'm definitely getting into this story now, I have so much planned! Tell me what you think so far, dont be afraid! Comment, fan, vote, inbox me even! I dont bite;) lol. Thanks everyone!

P.S. Does the book cover look okay!?****