Chapter five

Shout out to Snehakzz for being the first to comment the correct chapter that was part of last chapter from book one! Thanks for being a lovely reader! Xo

Ariana's point of view

I screamed because that's all I could think of doing. I screamed so loud that I think I was going deaf. My screaming stopped immediately as soon as Zayn clamped his hand over my lips.

"What the hell? Shh!" He hushed me. I started crying out of fright. We were still sitting on the bench.

I heard another scream and gunshot. Oh God, oh God, oh God. It's coming true. My fucking dream is coming true. This shit doesn't happen. I'm dreaming again, aren't I? This is another trick made by my mind, right?

Wrong. This was real. This was really happening.

"Come on, come on." He pulled me off the bench. He kept his hand over my mouth and held my other arm. If I didn't know better, I'd think that he was kidnapping me.

I cried into his hand and hot tears poured from my eyes. Zayn didn't look at me once, he kept his eyes on a look out.

Zayn ran into the forest area and yanked me with him. He pulled us behind a huge tree. He leaned up against the tree from behind and pulled my stomach into his. Although, mine is a whole lot bigger than his.

"You have to stay quiet okay?" He said softly. "I know, babe, I know." He rubbed my arm as I cried into his hand that still covered my mouth. But he didn't know. He didn't remember that this was once only a dream for me.

He moved his hand and I replaced it with my own, knowing that I would probably scream if I didn't. I cried and I couldn't really see well because of the makeup in my eyes.

My body froze when I heard another gun shot and then another scream. Why is this happening?!

I made a noise when I cried and Zayn rubbed my arms again. He pleaded, "Please baby, shh, shh. It's all right. I won't let him or her hurt you. Over my dead body."

Of course he had to say that. Over my dead body. You did die in my dream, Zayn.

I heard the sound of faint sirens of a police car from a little ways away. I knew they were coming here. Then a sound of a fire trucks horn rung out.

"They're coming, it's okay." He cooed softly.

I heard the sound of sticks and twigs breaking from just around the tree. Zayn widens his eye and puts his finger to his lips. My heart races and I feel like whoever is coming could hear it.

I moved my head slowly to look around the tree. Zayn tries to hold me back but I had to know if it was someone who needed help hiding or it was the gunmen.

I saw a man and he had a beanie over his head. I squinted my eyes and looked down at his hands. My eyes bulged and I let out a yelp. Zayn yanked me back and I held my hand to my lips in shock that I just did that.

The sound of twigs breaking gets closer and the mystery man is now staring at Zayn and I. His hand firmly holds the gun and his facial expression is an angry one.

"Get behind me." Zayn instructed. "Now."

I couldn't move. I just stared at the man in shock. Was this really happening? Everyone always assumes that it wouldn't happen to them until it actually does.

"You heard him." The raspiness of the gun mans voice sickened me. He was only 10 feet away from us. "Get behind him."

"No." I responded. I couldn't let what happened in my dream come true. I couldn't lose Zayn. I just couldn't.