Chapter two

Part of Delaney in the picture above/side. She looks a bit older than she is in the story though.

Zayn's point of view

My stomach turned as I walked down the stairs. Ariana begged me to let her be alone and I knew that was so she could puke her guts up alone. She's very self conscious about that. I wish she wasn't though. I want to be with her every step.

I told her she would get sick from that overdose of chocolate in her fruit smooth, I thought to myself.

Although I did think it would have came quicker. It's been two hours since she downed that sugar-bomb. I guess her stomach has late reactions.

"Daddy? Where's momma?" Delaney asked, sitting in the recliner with one of her dolls on her lap. She gently caressed it's fake hair and held it closely, like she was the mother for it. She is.

"She's not feeling well." I said to her and she frowned. "Remember when we told you she would feel sick a lot more now that she's carrying a baby?" She nodded and looked down at her doll.

"Is she okay?" Lexi asked, walking out of the kitchen with a half eaten banana and a cup of milk in her hand.

God, she's huge. She looks like she's about to pop out that little boy. I thought. Yes, little boy. She's having a little boy.

I made a sad face. "I don't know. She won't let me take care of her. I know she hates when I see her throw up but honestly, we all do it at some point and it doesn't bother me."

"It's okay, Zayn." Lexi took a seat on the couch. "Just let her relax on her own. Trust me, sometimes I need space for myself with this baby in me. Everything is 100 times more stressful and exhausting when we don't get time for ourselves."

I nodded, knowingly. "I'll just leave her be."

"Good idea." Lexi smiled and then she frowned. "Oh my. Harry! Where are you with the heating pad?"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Harry came from around the corner and plugged it in to the outlet and turned it on for her. He helped her place it behind her back.

"Thanks." She said quietly. Harry sat next to her and held her hand. "I just wish Brent would come out of me already."

I smiled and walked over to the recliner. I lifted Delaney who whined and sat down and I placed her on my lap.

"No need to whine." I told her. She didn't respond with her voice. She just laid her head on my shoulder and cuddled her and her doll against me.

"Soon, love." Harry reminded her. "Less than a month. You can hold on."

"Do I have choice?" She asked him, sarcastically.

I chuckled quietly and kissed Delaney's forehead. She looked up at me and smiled for a second before she frowned.

"Is mommy gonna be okay?" She asked, looking at me questionably.

"Of course she is, babe." I assured her. "She's perfectly fine. She just feels sick a lot because of the baby growing in her tummy."

She made a weird face. "Why do they grow in her tummy?"

I chuckled. "I don't know. That's just the way it is. It happens to girls when they get older."

"I will have a baby in me?" She asked, giving me a confused look. I decide whether to be bitter about her ever falling in love and having her own kid or to just explain to her that yes, if she chooses so, she will be.

"One day," I responded. "A long ways away."

I heard a door open upstairs and I automatically look up the stairs. I don't see her though.