Healing

Sapphire recovered in the incoming weeks. She met with Viper continuously for check-ups.

"I'm feeling great. Look, there's no scarring, and Monkey was just playing a harmless game of catch." Sapphire explained to an annoyed Viper. Viper shook her head in frustration.

"Yes. It was until you fell over a pair of jars. And Mantis had told you two not to play around when he had his acupuncture out." Viper reprimanded her with her tail pointing at the bandages covering her friend's arm. Sapphire sighed in annoyance. She got herself up from the mat, while a green figure moved his acupuncture away from an unbeknownst patient. He didn't want an accident to occur again.

"I know it was dumb. But I've been cooped up in this room for too long. Can't you cut a girl some slack, Vi." Sapphire tried to sway Viper to release her from medical care.

"Besides, you've done a great job healing me. I'm practically beaming with youth." Sapphire replied, throwing her arms in the air for emphasis. Viper smiled to hear the compliment.

"Youth? How old are you exactly." Viper laughed at Sapphire's shocked face.

"I am 20. Or do I look old? Don't answer that," Sapphire replied as she saw Viper ready with an answer. Their banter was cut short when Viper's door opened. Tigress saw the two and greeted them with a good morning.

"Hello, Tigress. Did you need something?" Viper tensely asked when she felt Sapphire fidget underneath the felines gaze. Her tail wrapped around Sapphire's foot.

"We are gathering for a meeting about an important event surrounding Po's return and Shifu." Tigress's eyes cast down to the floor with her fists curling.

"Tigress." Viper's voice took on a soft tone. She turned to Sapphire and quickly wrapped up her equipment into her doctor's case.

"Sapphire, sorry to cut our check-up. But I'll see you tomorrow, ok," Viper warmly replied.

Sapphire nodded in silence as Viper left with Tigress for a meeting.

"Well, that was awkward." Mantis suddenly replied, which shocked Sapphire. He was working on his acupuncture technique.

"What the Frick! Mantis, you almost gave me a heart attack," Sapphire placed her hand over heart. Mantis laughed at her reaction.

"Then you should pay attention to your surroundings, again. I was here the whole time. But are you alright," Mantis said with concern seeing that she was shaking when Tigress is near.

"No, and yes. It's complicated. When I'm near Tigress there's the whole level of awkwardness between her and me. But Viper has helped a lot with her lessons," Sapphire said, leaning against the entrance. She didn't want to be near Tigress cause she wanted to avoid the onslaught of questions.

"It's good to hear that." Mantis replied.

"Hey, that acupuncture helped ease some of the pain in my arms." Sapphire began.

Mantis put his legs up in opposition. "That was after you fell unconscious, and I won't take that as an actual procedure." He said, pointing to her arm.

"Alright. But wait, what's that smell," Sapphire stopped to breathe in a detectable aroma.

"Oh. Now that's a surprise. Po must have finished preparing the meals. Let's go before the rest of the team calls dibs." He said as leaped off out of the room. Sapphire laughed at Mantis' urge to raid the kitchen as she ran towards the heavenly smell.