Settled

Sapphire slowly rose from her slumber to the smell of noodle soup.  Tigress had brought in a new bowl of food and was collecting the dishes. She stopped at the sound of rustling sheets.

"Here's some soup. It's still pretty hot." She said as she handed over the steaming bowl.

Sapphire eyed the soup. "I have no idea how I'm going to eat this. But this is my dream. And damn do these noodles look and smell amazing." She said with vigor. Her hands quickly grabbed the utensils. Her teeth clacked against the woody sticks.

Tigress rose her eyebrows in amusement at the delirious patient.

"As much as this is entertaining. That isn't food. Noodle soups are usually eaten with those chopsticks. So please don't eat the chopsticks." Tigress said pulling down Sapphire's hands from her mouth.

She then decides to hand over a cup of water to Sapphire. The girl was then able to come with reality. Enough so she could eat her soup without Tigress supervising her.

"Thanks for the soup. Tigress right?" Sapphire asked.

Tigress nodded. "Yes." She said as she piled the remaining dishes to take to the kitchen.

"I don't know if this sounds crazy. But is this a dream?"Sapphire asked with a desperate look.

Tigress wondered if Vipers patient needed more rest. But she decided to go along with the question.

"It's not a dream. If it were you wouldn't eat and feel pain." Tigress paused and sighed. She turned to Sapphire absentmindedly poking her food. Lines grew on her forehead as she set down the plate next to her bed on the floor. She pulled out the letters her Aunt had left her to read.

"Then Bermuda really struck my plane. It's the logical explanation for a dimension jump or coma death. But of all places. It takes me to the Kung Fu world and this Lotus necklace might be the conduit." Sapphire mumbled to herself.

"Lotus what?" Tigress asked with suspicion rising in her voice.

"Did I say Lotus? I meant that my family was attacked by woodland spirits and the car...um cart turned over and I decided to lure the sprites away." Sapphire said in high pitch voice.

"And how did you wind up in the forest then?" Tigress interrogated.

"Well, I must have hit my head as I tumbled down a hill into the forest." Sapphire inched back into the mat away from the towering figure.

"Right. And is this 'vehicle' still around because if your family is truly in danger. We'll send in a search party for them." Tigress added while glancing at Sapphire's bandages.

"No. They're gone. They escaped to safety I hope." She said not looking at the feline. Tigress saw Sapphire sigh as she dragged blankets into a hug.

She wanted to question her. But knew pushing her limits on this stranger would only prevent the patient from getting rest. And Viper would lecture her in the morning if the girl didn't sleep cause of her impromptu investigation.

"This isn't over." She pointedly said to Sapphire.

Tigress picked up the plates and walked out the door before saying goodnight over her shoulder.

Sapphire collapsed into her mat from the pressure of keeping up with her story.

'I need to be careful. Hopefully, I can gather some intel on this place. Before trusting them. I always wanted to meet these guys. But they're totally different from what I remember. But this dimension jump had to take me to the place I once loved. A dream or a nightmare. Tigress reminds me of him'