Chapter 6: Don't Play Games With Me

After getting kidnapped by Donella going home was not an option. Not that I'm complaining because I don't want to ever experience anything like that again. I told Greg that I heard about this amazing equipment store and wanted to check it out before I head home, and that gives me a few extra days just in case this whole debacle isn't resolved soon. Felix mentioned something about Halloween but didn't elaborate, so I didn't push him on it since I don't want to know about other illegal activities they will be up to.

The house isn't as lonely anymore now that Felix is back from whatever he was gone doing, and Lucia has even started to warm up to me. Since the doctor said I need to rest because of my concussion, I haven't been to the gym in days. Thankfully Felix has a giant library that has kept me occupied, but it still isn't enough. My favorite time of day is hands down dinner time because Lucia and sometimes Felix keep me company.

"How was your day?" Lucia asks while cutting into the chicken on her plate. I finish chewing and swallowing my food before looking up. My eyes briefly connect with Felix's piercing ones, but I clear my throat turning to Lucia. Now that Felix is around it's been harder to ignore the way he intrigues me. It's stupid considering the fact I know who he is and what he does, but I can't help but be interested in it all. Like how did he get stared in all of this? Was he born in to it? Did he build it up himself?

"Good, all things considering." Lucia sends me a lopsided smile at my response. She knows how hard it's been for me to not go in the gym since I've been complaining about it for a week. The doctor ordered rest and I'm not going to go against his judgement, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. "Has there been any developments?" I turn my attention to Felix who shakes his head in response. This is how it goes everytime I ask him, and I know he isn't telling me something. "Why not?" Today is the first day I pressed him further though. The only options on why I haven't been updated is that he's either lying to me or his mafia is a lot shittier at their job than I intially thought.

"It's getting handled." He dismisses the question without elaborating. Sighing loudly I drop my fork letting in clank loudly on my plate before pushing my chair out and leaving the room. Just because he intrigues me doesn't mean he doesn't get on my nerves like no one before. I swear his eyes say more than his words do, and that's saying something because he ever rarely has an expression other than passive.

Turning left I walk to the library too sick of sitting alone in my bedroom. At this point I just need a distraction from the shambles my life has become, and diving into a new book sounds like the best answer. My only problem with the library is that after the sun goes down the temperature seems to drop twenty degrees in there. I casually brought it up to Lucia hoping that she'd tell me to just use the fire place in their, but she just told me she would call their repair guy to take a look at the thermostat.

Stepping into the library I turn around shutting the door quietly behind me hoping the others won't disturb me if they can't find me. To my utter surprise there is a roaring fire occupying the fireplace casting a warm glow to the walls. Walking over to the couch near the fireplace I notice a thick black blanket laying on the arm of the couch with the last book I looked at last night before heading to bed.

"I hope it isn't too warm." I jump startled at Felix's deep voice. Spinning around he stands by the door with his hands stuffed into his pockets. "If you need anything else you can always come to me." Deep down I knew anything I tell Lucia would ultimately get told to Felix, which is exactly why I kept most thoughts to myself.

I ignore him and sit down on the couch pulling the blanket over my lap. His footsteps echo off the high ceiling as he walks over and sits on the couch next to me. "I'm sorry that this has been hard on you, and I'm still getting used to including you in all of it." His half assed apology sounds forced. "We have never dealt with a situation quite like yours before, and keeping you in a loop is very dangerous. I understand you have the right to know, but trust me it's best if we deal with the nitty gritty details." I scoff sitting back and cross my arms over my chest. If he thinks I'm going to sit around and pretend that nothing is going on while being left in the dark he's in for quite the treat.