Chapter 4: Your Worst Nightmare

I was so wrong to be optimistic about assuming this would be like a vacation. Boredom set in almost immediately when woke up the next day and went downstairs to be greeted by many men and women who all ignored me. That's right they came and went never even acknowledging my existence, and it wouldn't have effected me so much if they wouldn't have also conversed amongst each other but that's exactly what they did. Some days I felt like a ghost in a meeting room as they talked in hushed whispers as I got something to eat out of the kitchen. From the way the all dressed and acted I know they are part of Felix's mafia and not maids or cooks in the house, who I haven't seen either but every night after dinner my bed is made and fresh towels are in the bathroom.

It's been a long week of doing the same thing everyday, and I'm not even sure what I would have done if Lucia wouldn't have shown me the gym they have. Other than spending the majority of my day locking myself in the gym I found a small library on the same floor as my room and took a couple books to keep myself busy at night. I've called Greg twice, more for his safety than mine, to make sure he knows I'm doing okay, but having to keep up with the fake boyfriend facade is getting old. I miss him so much, and as much as I hate to admit I miss the guys at the gym.

"Hey Lucia." I catch her unmistakable blonde hair turning down a different hallway. Rushing to catch up I notice she's heading towards the garage. She's been my only source to get updates over the past week, but has yet to give me any real answers. Each time it's a vague explanation that she'll ask Felix next time she sees him. Speaking of Felix I haven't seen or heard from him since my first day here. It's like he vanished out of thin air leaving me to guess what my next step will be.

"Do you need something?" Her ever so familiar emotionless expression take over her features leaving me guessing how she feels. It was understandable at first since we didn't know each other, and then I figured she's also part of the mafia so it makes sense to be cold and distant. Now it's just annoying and ridiculous I'm not saying we should have a sleepover and braid each other's hair but my god you could at least smile.

"Yeah, is there an update?" I rest my hands on my hips watching as she checks the time on her phone before slipping it back into her pocket. She may be in a rush but I deserve some answers. Just because I agreed to stay here doesn't mean I deserve to be treated like a prisoner, and I'm starting to wonder if all of this was actually necessary.

"No." She turns to walk away but I grab her elbow, but she spins around ripping it out of my hold. Her eyes narrow with anger waiting for me to say something.

"Can I talk to Felix?" She turns back around, but I still catch her rolling her eyes at me. I deserve answers and if she won't give them to me than I'll find them some other way.

"Felix is away on business for the rest of the week." She opens the garage door slamming it in my face thoroughly pissing me off. Storming back to my room I flip off each camera I pass in the hallway out of frustration. I'm sick of every person in this house acting as if I'm a ghost, and it's starting to make me think none of this is actually necessary. Grabbing my duffel bag out of the closet, I furiously pack the small amount of clothes I was allowed to bring.

It's been a week with no problems arising, and no sign of anyone coming to kill me so I'm leaving. Felix can bitch and whine to me when he gets back, but by the time he does our agreement will have expired. I'll even stay in a hotel for the next week just to be cautious.

The camera littered around the house are going to make this more challenging, but not impossible. It would be easier to leave in the daytime than at night because of the alarms that are set once the sun goes down. Plus everyone doesn't pay attention to me as it is so what would be the problem if I simply just walked out the front door.