Chapter 5: She's A Strong Girl

Saige's POV:

"Do we have any leads on who took her?" Hearing Felix's voice has me wanting to let out a sigh of relief but eyelids are too heavy and my body feel weighted down. At least I know I'm safe, I think. Can I really trust Felix? I mean I know that he couldn't have made up the whole hit on my head thing because that woman mentioned it, but she also seemed to care less once she found out I have nothing to do with the mafia. Had nothing to do with that mafia.

"We can safety rule out Gabriele because he wouldn't have sent her pack in one piece let alone alive." Her words cause me to shudder. Is Gabriele the man who is trying to kill me? I have a million more questions for Felix as soon as I wake up. Being kidnapped by that woman was a wake up call that has changed my perspective on this situation.

"Did they get the security footage from the hotel?" He sounds closer now but not right next to me. If I could just wake up I would be able to tell them who took me. Well at least a description because she never told me her name, but I have a feeling they'll know who it is.

"Yes, but it didn't show anyone following her." That makes me feel better to know that at least I wasn't being followed, and it was hopefully me being in the wrong place at the wrong time. My headache start to seep back into focus as the minutes pass and I wince lifting my hand to rub my temple, but someone grabs my wrist stopping my movements.

"Touching it will only make it worse, Dolcezza." My eyes flutter open meeting Felix's concerned ones. The room is thankfully dark, the curtains drawn to keep the sunlight out, and the only light on is a dim lamp in the corner of the room.

"She had me tied up." My voice sounds scratchy and my throat itches. Felix reaches over grabbing a glass of water raising it up to my lips. I take it from him with my shaking hands and sip just enough to sooth my sore throat.

"Tell me what happened?" His unusually gently voice confuses me since I was the one that left and got myself into this mess. I expected yelling, shouting, or even screaming but he just stares down at me waiting patiently for me to speak.

"I went to pick up a pizza, but when I came out she was waiting. I think she hit me with the gun." I lift my hand towards my head to find the source of it's throbbing but Felix gingerly wraps his finger around my wrist pulling it back down to my lap. "I woke up in some room. It was so dirty, and smelled like a basement. She wanted to know why you were helping me, and I was scared to lie because it was like she could see into my soul. I told her the truth then she acted like it wasn't a big deal and then hit me again!" I yell wincing from the pain that resonating from my skull. Some of the events are still a bit fuzzy, but I can remember the basics.

"Donella." Felix remains calm but the way he spits the name between his teeth shows his true emotions. A wave a nausea and dizziness overcomes me and I clutch Felix's arm to steady myself. "You need to take it easy you probably have a concussion." He takes my chin between his fingers turning my head towards him and looking deep into my eyes

"What are you doing?" I mummer my heart racing at his closeness. He leans back slightly turning to Lucia who is standing near the door, but keeps his fingers on my chin. They bring a sense of comfort of knowing he won't let that woman come near me as long as he's with me.

"Call Joseph." He orders, and she just nods pulling her phone out of her pocket leaving the room. His fingers disappear and so does the warmth they provided. "I would scold you, but it seems you learned your lesson." My eyes narrow shooting him a glare, and I back up putting as much space between us as possible. Any sense of comfort I just associated with him flies out the window. The stark reminder of his true nature feeling like a punch to the gut, and just like that I feel all alone again.