Chapter 1

"Ms White, the writers are done with the next issue of 'Exposed'," Brian, Kim's assistant reported.

"Right. Leave it on my desk, I'll be back shortly to look through it," Kim replied curtly before hanging up.

Brian was a hard worker, and a smart one too. Just that he didn't have the courage to pursue his dreams. Hence Kim had hired him as her assistant. Kim was the executive editor in chief of the popular magazine 'Exposed', with over a thousand employees under her. She was strict, though not particularly demanding, and commanded respect from all her subordinates.

Kim stuffed her cell phone into her handbag and fingered the six-carat diamond ring on her slender finger. Her nails had been bitten raw, not matching her elegant outfit. Her friends had tried in vain to get her nails manicured, but Kim didn't want to get poisoned from consuming the nail polish since she just couldn't get rid of her habit of biting her nails.

The ring was beautiful, shaped like a flower. A really expensive one. It was a little too showy for Kim's taste, but Damien had insisted on it, though she would have been fine with a simple silver ring to represent their love.

"A bigger ring is better, Kim," he had proclaimed, "since it represents my love for you."

She had never allowed him to call her "baby", or "sweetheart" or "babe" or anything, since she found it fake. It had also been what he always used for the past girls he had been with, since he hadn't bothered with remembering all their names. She remembered seeing him going "Hey, baby," to a brunette before kissing her, then going "Hey, sweetheart" to a blonde and later "Hey, babe" to a redhead. It was almost amusing.

It was difficult being Damien Walker's girlfriend, since he had always had a long string of past girlfriends. It was hard not to be jealous, knowing how many girls he had slept with and how may virginities he had taken. It was hard not to feel insecure, as if she was just another notch on his bed post. But she knew how much he loved her, so she put all that aside and loved him with all her heart.

They had separated for a while after high school, giving each other "space". She briefly dated another guy in college, and she knew that he had dated this gorgeous girl and slept with more than a few girls in college, but after that, they both decided that they couldn't forget each other, and he proposed to her. His proposal had come as a surprise. Being the heir of a billionaire, he brought her to a high-class restaurant for her birthday, and hid the ring in a cake. It was funny when she choked on the ring. Watching him panicking had been hilarious.

"I see that hiding the ring in food isn't very safe," he had grumbled later on. "Stupid television shows."

But she had agreed, and now they were married.

She was Mrs. Walker. It was unbelievable. Almost like a dream. She was actually married to her high school's bad boy!

"What are you thinking?" A pair of strong, warm hands cupped her shoulders as Damien bent down to whisper in her ear, his velvety voice sending shivers down her spine. They had already been married for half a year, yet he still managed to make her feel like a childish, giggly teenage girl all the time.

"I wanted to see you," she grinned, turning her head, allowing him to peck her on the lips. Seeing him in such a smart business suit was arousing in a way, she thought as she opened her mouth, allowing entrance to his tongue.