Chapter 6

Damien leaned back in his chair, running a hand through his hair as he stared out of the window. He just couldn't stop thinking about the night in that China club with Tiffany. And about the day at the restaurant too. He was sure he felt at least a tinge of guilt, but it seemed to be marred by a whole other feeling, a feeling that he shouldn't even be having. Damien shut his eyes and willed all of it to just disappear.

It wasn't his fault that he was attracted to Tiffany. She was always dressed in shirts that showed way too much cleavage anyway. If she hadn't been flaunting herself in front of him that night at the club, he wouldn't have mistaken her for his wife. He had been drunk, after all.

Damien shook his head to clear his thoughts. He already had Kim, the most perfect wife anyone could ever ask for. The most perfect life. He couldn't --no-- he wouldn't risk it all just for some pretty airhead. But the problem was, she made him feel something that he sought before Kim had appeared in his life. He couldn't deny that thrill that ran through his body when he kissed Tiffany. That spark of excitement of tasting a different girl's lips that he hadn't yet conquered. He shut his eyes, reminiscing briefly.

*** (flashback)

"Man, this party's off the hook!" Zach slapped him on the back, clearly drunk.

"Of course, it's Blake's party. And you know I only go to the hottest parties, right?" Damien hollered over the noise. "Anyway have you seen Dani?" Zach shook his head, before wandering off to find his fling of the night.

Dani was his current conquest. She had been putting up quite a bit of resistance, that feisty girl. And Damien especially liked it when girls played hard to get. It made sleeping with them feel a whole lot more accomplishing than if they simply threw themselves at him. In a way, playing with girls was an escape for him from his stifling billionaire dad. It let him feel so free, let him feel that life was just a game. And he was the one who set the rules.

Damien navigated through the sea of drunken high schoolers, craning his neck to look over the large crowd that had gathered in his best friend's house. Making his way towards the nearest guest room, he opened the door, only to find two horny teenagers sticking their tongues down each other's throats. Damien smirked, tempted to tell the guy "been there, done that". Because he was an asshole like that. Instead, he closed the door and moved on to the next room.

Why bother wasting time. He suddenly felt the urge to finish up whatever Dani was playing at quickly.

As he approached the door, he stopped short. Wasn't that Dani's voice coming from the other side of the door? Her voice seemed to have taken on a pleading edge, he thought as his lips curved downwards slightly.

He opened the door, and found Gregg, the runningback from the football team. His football team. He had a hand placed on the wall by Dani's head, cornering her, an arrogant smirk on his face. Dani, on the other hand, looked like a squirming mouse caught in a trap.

"Hey, back off," Damien said, his tone almost bored. "She's mine, you know that."

Gregg turned to glare at the intruder, but when he realized it was Damien, the smirk fell right off his lips. He looked at Dani, then back at Damien, and straightened.

"Sorry, bro." He shrugged. "I forgot." He turned and left the room, shutting the door after shooting Damien a knowing look.

Damien turned to look back at Dani. Her wide eyes followed his every move, and she cleared her throat after smoothing the creases on her short skirt. His eyes trailed down her legs. Well, he'd seen better, but she wasn't too bad. His eyes trailed back up, taking in her slightly crumpled but modest blouse.