Chapter 7

Nautica's P.O.V.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. That's Anchor screaming" I say worrisome. Zuri grabs my and pulls me as fast as she can into the living room where we see Anchor holding Xander up off the floor by his shirt. Arslan is right near the middle of them saying "Dude stop. Let him go." I see Xander smirking at Anchor and I have a horrible feeling about what's about to happen. Xander says "Which part are you talking about? Where I kissed Nautica? Cuddled Nautica? Or the part where I took her from you?" In that moment I have never seen Anchor so angry. I could see his veins popping out of his forehead. He dropped Xander to the floor and swung his fist into Xander's jaw. Xander got up super-fast and laughed at Anchor. 'Hit me again if that'll make you feel better. Nautica will take care of all my injuries tonight" Xander says. Anchor hits him again and blood gushes out of Xander's mouth and nose. Again, Xander is standing and taunting Anchor. I don't know what to do because there is no way I can stop Anchor right now. He has so much power in these throws. It's unbelievable how hard he is hitting Xander. But I'm also super impressed with the way Xander is taking these hits. It makes me find him even more attractive honestly. Arslan is pulling Anchor as much as he can but Anchor is just too angry to be stopped. I'm getting so nervous because the amount of blood coming out of Xander's face. I finally just run and stand right in front of Anchor in the middle of him throwing a punch. He stops mid throw. "Move Nautica now" he says. If I'm being honest, I'm a little scared but I have faith that Anchor would never hurt me. I stand tall and tell Anchor "Stop hurting him please". Xander not helping his case laughs behind me "He isn't hurting me". I do a quick 180 turn. "Xander shut up right now" and he looks and me with his bloody face and says, "Yes ma'am". I must remember that we are in the middle of something serious because with that answer I'd love to just kiss him now. I tell Anchor "You need to take a moment and self-reflect. You just beat our friend to bloody pulp for what Anchor!? Tell me for what!?" and Anchor says back "You let him kiss you Nautica? You're the only girl I've kissed. I WAS the only guy you've kissed. What else did you do? Guess waiting for me wasn't an option for you anymore". I am almost screaming at him at this point. "Wait for you!? Are you kidding me? There was never a moment that I wanted us to stop when we first started. YOU stopped feeling the connection Anchor. You stopped kissing me. You were the one that decided to be just friends years ago. I did wait for you Anchor. You didn't choose me". I have tears coming down my eyes. I grab Xander and take him to my room. I lock the doors and I start to clean up his face. Thankfully I have a first aid kit. Xander takes my hands that are full of Neosporin gauzes and he looks me in the eyes. I still have tears coming from my eyes because of the confrontation between me and Anchor. Xander says "It's okay if you still like him. I understand being caught up on someone. But I hate seeing you cry. Come here" and he pulls me into his arms. I lay on his chest and he rubs my head as I cry vigorously.

Anchor's P.O.V.

"UGHH. That dumb guy taking advantage of my Nautica." I huff. Zuri rolls her eyes at me. "What Zuri? You have something to say" I'm so beyond done with her. Arslan says "Look bro don't speak to her like that. You have treated my girl and Nautica crappy since Xander showed up. And to be honest with you. Treating Nautica like crap is a normal for you. You need to seriously look in the mirror. You have taken advantage of Nautica. Not Xander. You have for years dude. We've all sat back and let you do because Nautica takes up for you and begs us not to put you in your place, but this is the last time you will speak to my girlfriend that way because I'm not Xander I will swing back on you". I just kind of stop because how did this happen. This is my crew. Nautica, Zuri, Arslan, and I have been best friends since grade school. All three of them think this is my fault. I think it's possible I could really lose my closest friends over this guy. I leave Arslan and Zuri in the living room and run upstairs. I've got to talk to Nautica. I get to the door and before I knock, I hear Nautica crying harder than I've ever heard her cry before. I just drop in front of the door and sit that with teary eyes myself. I can't believe I caused her this much pain. And to make it all worse I pushed her right into Xander's arms, and he is the one comforting her in there. It should be me. I just sit there devasted and holding my knees to my chest. Zuri comes up and sits next to me. I can't even look at her I feel so ashamed of the way I've treated everyone. "She loved you Anchor. She waited for you to love her back for a long time. She deserves this with Xander. If you really loved her you wouldn't punish her for your mistakes." Zuri says to me in the sincerest voice. "It's not fair. I don't want her to move on with him Zuri". I try to reason back with her. "What's not fair is you leading that girl on for years after she loses parents in a car crash. Using your mom dying in a way to get her to take care of your emotional needs. Anchor you are treated her unfair this whole time" she says. I tell her "I did not use my mom dying against her. We just had that in common. She knew what I was going through". I said. "In this week alone, you told her it didn't faze you to kiss her or not, that you would never sleep with her, and that you thought she was fast and easy. But it's not justified that she moved on from you? Come on dude you can't be that blind". Zuri says. "Wow. I guess you're right. I'm kind of a jerk.". Zuri laughs "Well yeah that's what we've been telling you". I just sigh. "Where is Arslan? I hope he forgives me". I say. Zuri says "He will. You know he is just protective over me." I sigh again because he is as I should have been for Nautica at the beginning.