iii. legacy

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

chapter three, legacy

     It was a rare occurrence for Lillora Strallerrén, a commander and squadron leader for the rebellion, to be shocked. She had been raised in the wake of the Galactic Empire and has seen things that no one should ever witness at such a young age. But when she found out that Luke was the son of Anakin Skywalker... the Anakin Skywalker—clone war general, Jedi council member at twenty-three, one of the greatest Jedi to ever live—her jaw almost relocated itself to Ben Kenobi's floor.

    Luke's father's name was never directly stated, but it didn't take a genius to put together the last name Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Luke sat next to Threepio, attaching the arm that had fallen off after the droid's fall. Lora was in the chair adjacent to Threepio and across from Obi-Wan as they spoke. "I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father."

    Lora's eyes widened, weren't Jedi sworn to celibacy... so why did a Jedi Knight have a child about the same age as the fall of the Galactic Republic? She shifted in her chair, turning to face more towards Luke. She could visibly see the sadness within his expression as he looked towards the ground, muttering, "I wish I'd known him."

    Ben smiled lightly, looking off in the distance, obviously remembering back to before the Galactic Empire, "He was the best star pilot in the Galaxy..." he paused thinking about his next words, and looked directly at Luke as he spoke, "and a cunning warrior."

    Lora felt a little out of the loop, and she didn't know if she were meant to listen to this conversation as Ben complimented Luke like a father would to a son. She felt sorry for Luke, she didn't know what it was like to grow up without a parent, but she knew what it felt like to lose someone. She wouldn't wish that hurt on anyone.

    Luke continued to work on Threepio as Obi-Wan got up to retrieve something from the back room. There was a comfortable silence that fell as he left the room, neither of them knowing how to break it. Lora played with a bandage that covered a wound on her hand, ignoring the slight burning sensation from Luke concentrating his gaze upon her.

Quietly, Luke asked, "What happened to you?"

    Lora continued to play with the bandage, not daring to look into Luke's blue eyes. "I got attacked by the Raiders shortly after I arrived here."

   Luke paused, remembering his curiosity from when he first met the girl, "What made you end up on the planet farthest from anything worthwhile in the galaxy?"

    Lora finally looked up, meeting Luke's curious gaze, her expression was calm, but her eyes were anything but. Her fiery eyes burned into Luke's ocean blues distracting him for a moment as he stopped working on Threepio.

"Princess Leia, the girl in the message, sent me here, to give that message to Obi-Wan. I was in the same escape pod as the droids."

    Lora broke her stare, turning to look at Artoo, once Obi-Wan got back she would show him the message and she would be able to continue the mission.