ii. wanderlust

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

chapter two, wanderlust

    The twin suns on Tatooine were extremely harsh on both Lora and Obi-Wan as they wandered the barren deserts looking for the two droids. Lora cringed as the wind blew sand into her eyes, she used to think that being a part of the rebellion would be a great opportunity to make some good in a terrible galaxy. It sure didn't feel like she was making a difference as she aggressively rubbed at her eyes.

    She trudged through the sand, her body feeling the exhaustion from the mixture of harsh heat and pain from her injuries that occurred the day before. Obi-Wan was only meters ahead of her, his pace didn't falter, it seemed like he knew exactly where to go. Lora had followed him mindlessly, she knew that she could trust him. He was a former master Jedi and an old family friend, not to mention that he literally did save her life.

    When he had left her to sleep, she remembered back to when he had visited Naboo long ago. It was only a few years after the Clone Wars had ended and the Empire had been created.

    Memories are renowned for being made up or unclear when you're a child, but she didn't think she could forget or fabricate the kind smile of the first Jedi she had ever met.

    He had the same look in his eyes as he wore now, but he had aged significantly, but she had too. Fifteen years tended to change people.

    Soon after she had met several other Jedi survivors, but she was forced to never speak a word of their meetings. Her family could have been in deep trouble if the Empire had found out. Naboo had already lost a Queen after the empire found out that she was harboring Jedi survivors.

    It was a tricky business, in Naboo the desire for rebellion was constant, but they were heavily oppressed by the terror the empire had inflicted. It was important that they were quick and constantly vigilant when they did business.

    "Master Kenobi, where are we going?" she paused to catch her breath. "Aren't there any cities we could go look for the droids in?"

    She didn't want to waste any time trying to find Artoo and Threepio and wandering around in the sandy terrain of Tatooine didn't seem to be the most efficient method.

    "Call me Ben, Lillora," he laughed slightly at her impatience, it reminded him of a simpler time. It was nice to feel like a teacher again, he found it amusing that after all this time nothing really changed. Kids were still impatient, they were still inquisitive. And most importantly they still needed guidance.

"I'm following the will of the Force, put your trust into it, Lillora."

    Lora shook her head not enjoying the answer she received. She continued to follow after him, her eyes squinting from the harsh light reflecting off the sand. The rock formations seemed to continue forever and she didn't see the point in just aimlessly searching them. There was no way the droids could be anywhere near there.