vi. long day

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

chapter six, long day

    The Millennium Falcon was surely a sight for sore eyes. Its large structure occupying plenty of space in the docking bay. The ship was clearly weathered, what once was pearly white, was now a faded mix of cream and beige. The carbon scoring on the sides showcasing the years of use.

    Years ago, Lora was positive that it was a beautiful ship, but even as it sat in the docking bay, a faction of the beauty it was before, Lora couldn't help but find it charming. Luke, on the other hand, did not.

    He stood next to Lora, observing the ship with critical eyes, he surveyed it as his eyes flickered back and forth. He threw all formalities out as he spoke, his voice a mixture of disbelief and disgust, "What a piece of junk."

    Ben turned his cloaked head toward Luke, amused as he listened to the young man complain. He stood proudly next to Luke, his eyes softly apologizing as he made eye-contact with Chewbacca. He felt responsible for Luke—the boy was the child of the man who was once his brother—and now that all of his parental figures were gone, it was Ben's responsibility to take care of him until he was unable to.

    Lora wasn't as amused as Ben but figured that Luke just wanted to get back at Han for insulting him earlier. She doubted that Luke would forget that Han mocked his ability to fly—Luke seemed to be very set on becoming a pilot. The way he had talked about his dreams during their moment alone in the Kenobi home vividly described his passion for it.

    And Lora could understand, if she were trapped on one planet for all of her life, she would too dream of flying far away.

    Lora crossed her arms in front of her chest, watching as Han appeared from under the ship. He carried a small towel, as he walked toward the small group before him. He was quick to defend his ship, his distaste for Luke's insult clearly showing in his countenance. "She'll make point-five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

    The group began to creep forward, meeting Han in the middle. Artoo crept to Lora's side, his short metal frame meeting the beginning of her waist. He stayed close to Lora, almost as if he found comfort in her presence. Lora brushed it off as Artoo wanting to stick to someone he knew well. Unbeknownst to her, the astromech droid didn't know just her but he was also very well-acquainted with the older Jedi Master.

    Han pointed to himself, his overconfidence clearly showing through his actions. "I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

    Next to Luke, Ben rolled his eyes, Lora holding in her laughter as she watched him. The old man smiled at her, amused as well, Luke was too focused on Han to notice them. The young smuggler gestured to his ship unaware of Ben and Lora's teasing. He lightly touched Lora's shoulder as he directed her to the opening of the ship, "But we're a little rushed, so if you'll just get on board we'll get outta here."