Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

07/03

07/03: Reunion

"So, what business do I still have to deal with the mayor?" I asked again as we entered the elevator with just the two of us inside. It's past 11, and we're located just a floor below the penthouse.

He pressed the button before standing firmly behind me and said, "He wants to introduce you as an ally, but that won't do you good since you have to keep a low profile. Some of the reporters can recognize you, and it will turn out to be a huge commotion in Poblacion Hueste."

I said nothing until we got out of the elevator and arrived at my hotel room.

Reporters were really hard to deal with. Just one enough reporter could make it a big deal, but it's inevitable since I had to deal with these people at the highest level of the pyramid. Some eyes were watching every one of their movement.

"My plans wouldn't get ruined if Grandfather didn't mess up with them. How dare he involve me in politics?" I entered the passcode into my hotel room. "Let's call it a day. Set up a breakfast with the mayor tomorrow. Plus, make it possible for me to meet the six of them."

He nodded in response. My plan to enter my room and take a damn rest has been interrupted when some fuckin' asshole intruded my mind.

"Miss?" he asked when I spun to see him but said nothing. I was still thinking about what necessary words I should mutter without malice.

"That dickhead. Where is he?"

His eyes narrowed. "Who are you referring to?" he returned, leaving his voice with fake curiosity.

I cocked a brow at him and crossed my arms over my shoulder, quite upset. I didn't really like having a conversation with people feigning ignorance. As if he had no idea who I was talking about.

"Keaton. Who else?"

"Why?" he asked, looking at me in suspicion.

"Why?" I repeated with sarcasm dripping off my tone. "That's because I need to know." I rolled my eyes. Damn stupid.

"He's now probably on his flight to Italy. Uncle Jojo had failed his mission, which is unlikely of him. Something might have happened," he replied and even dared to smile at me obnoxiously.

"Italy is a dangerous place, and compared to Italians, Grandfather's men are just on the rookie level when it comes to fighting and such," I muttered to myself while pulling out my pair of earrings.

"Have you been to Italy, Miss?"

"No," I plainly said, and we both stared at each other like we were in a damn staring competition.

"Anyway, Keaton is an Italian. So, you have nothing to worry about, miss." With that, he turned his back on me and left me before I ruthlessly shut the fucking door behind me.

Me?! Worrying about him?! Over my dead body!

Really? Where do these people get their audacity to disrespect me? They do respect my grandfather, but not me. Idiots.

I tossed my body on the bed after taking a half-hour shower. I was still wearing my robe because there was nothing I could wear, and Mawi couldn't leave her house yet.

I took Keaton's phone and saved his new number. Even if I wanted to go shopping with my black card provided by my grandfather, I couldn't get caught yet. Devi Parker's a cunning woman. She's way more dangerous than my father.

Two days passed, and still no presence of Keaton. Maybe he died with his Uncle Jojo in Italy. That's the problem with him; he's stupid. He probably went there with his gun but without any bullets.