Helena

The world is a icy utopia catering to the frostbitten to which i am not. I've never felt so at peace. my emotions have been erased from my skin like the imperfections. Even the winter flakes that would usually ruin my textured messy hair is not bothersome. The uncultured waves were tight spiral curls and my thrifted jeans were replaced with a a true white ballgown. it was not like a wedding dress but felt just as extravagant with the hourglass fit and detailed french lace. I felt like a vision of beauty something i had not felt even close to in the passing years. I had felt broke and stressed. The woods around me felt so familiar but i couldn't put my finger on where i had seen these trees every thought was a blur. i could hear a baby's cry out into the distance which startled me. I walked toward it with each step it felt closer and closer yet father away. the wailing broke my heart as if i knew it like mothers intuition. in the midst of a frozen clearing was a carriage with the sobbing child in it. the ice looked to thin to walk on but i did so regardless. i wasn't thinking i was just doing. i gently put my feet on the ice on foot at a time attempting to not break it. a feeling a of ergency washed through me but i could not fall into the water. left foot right foot left foot right foot i thought as i inched my way closer. i was now in front of the carriage and i picked up the baby pulling it in to me gently. it was a girl with the most desrcriptive eyes. the color was a light brown with a hint of green like a mosaic with gem stones. her skin was a little lighter than mine but pale from the winter chill. her hair was as black as raven feathers and had a slight curl. beauty was an understatment to the child whoevers she was. I looked at the carriage, in cursive letters 'October' was written. i looked down at the infants face and felt a warm breaze run over the icy chill. the snow started to melt instantaniously, the hypernating animals awoke from their slumber, the fallen leaves felll upwards back into the trees, as scarilly enough the ice below us started to disapear. i coddled the child for dear life as we were rushed down into the now fine lake. i couldn't swim but i tried my best to rush back to shore. the baby was still in my hands so it was had but i perservered. I crashed like waves to the emerald grass the toddler was gone from my hands i looked around frantically but could not find it. i wanted so deperatly to cry but the tears wouldn't form a small voice whispered in my ears "look not within but look out". Out in front of me was a wonderland of autmn. Leaves of every color hanging from mohagany branches , woodland creatures collecting small berries and nuts from the ground, an eternal sky of fusia and blood orange with the setting sun on the horizon and skinny dipping in the lake Evan and Jay. i do remeber this spot because i had been here. When we went to the cabin in Oklahoma and we found a lake and we all jumped in with only our underwear the only cloth between us. how could i forget this spot. i smiled looking down at myself only in my undies soaked i laid back down feeling the air rustle the leaves under me. Paradise Pines was definitly paradise.