𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:DANGEROUS LOOKS

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:
DANGEROUS LOOKS

ECHO LEANED HER HEAD onto his shoulder as she watched Carlisle do paperwork from the hospital. Emmett was siting in the room with them, reading silently to himself. Carlisle was gently running his hand through Echo's hair as he looked at his work. The silence being interrupted by the sound of footsteps. The three looked up to see Edward and Bella standing in the doorway.

"Wow, done already?" Emmett asked, earning for a pen to be thrown at his head. He looked over at Echo who shook her head at him.

"Where's Renesmee?" Bella asked.

"Blondie stole her." Jacob told the brunette, nodding his head toward the window where Rosalie was sitting outside with Renesmee in her arms, a smile on the blonde's face.

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett asked.

"Emmet, no." Bella shook her head while Echo threw a book at his head this time.

"Stop it." Echo sternly told the boy, scolding him like a child. Edward, Carlisle, and Emmett all shared a look that forced small smiles onto their faces. The phone started to ring and everyone froze.

"Is that Charlie?" Bella asked, looking at her sister.

"He's been calling twice a day." Echo softly told her.

"He's in pretty rough shape." Jacob inputted.

"Eventually we'll have to tell him you didn't make it." Carlisle told the brunette, though he nudged Echo so that she knew he was talking to her as well.

"He needs to mourn, Bella." Edward softly told her.

"Okay, we'll do it tomorrow." Bella nodded her head. Emmett let out a sigh as he stood up.

"I'm gonna miss this place."

"We'll come back, we always do." Carlisle assured.

"Wait, nobody said anything about leaving." Jacob sternly said, turning to look at the family.

"Once people believe that Bella and Echo are both dead, we can't risk anyone seeing them." Carlisle explained to the werewolf.

"So you just. . . disappear?"

"Jacob, we don't have another choice." Edward sternly stated. Jacob, clearly upset, quickly leaves the home causing Echo to roll her eyes.

"Why are you friends with him again?" Echo asked earning an eye roll from Bella.

"You're friends with his father, and Sam. You're no better."

"Yes, but neither of them are whiny and obnoxious like him." Echo said, sending her sister a sweet smile. Bella opens her mouth to retort something back to her before she stops, her gaze narrowing in on the ring that wasn't there the last time Bella had seen her.