Chapter 3

Ok so it's super late and I just can't edit this anymore!

So please don't hate me if you find my muck-ups!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THWAT. THWAT. THWAT.

The punching bag I swung back and forth as I lay my fist into it. With each hit I felt a tiny piece of my tangled frustration with my father and the situation I was in being smoothed out.

“What the hell Evie?” A high pitched voice behind me yelled, loud enough to break through the loud music I’d had pounding in my ear phones.

I jumped spinning around, my arms reflexively going into a defensive stance.

“Shit Brittany, you scared me.” I said pulling the blaring ear buds out of my ears.

“Yeah well you were meant to meet me downstairs ten minutes ago!” She huffed taking a seat on the bench.

“Oh no, I’m so sorry Brit. I totally lost track of time down here.” I said, running a hand through my sweaty hair.

“Yeah well hurry up, you’re all gross and sweaty, and we only have five hours until the shops close!” I smiled as her voice got extremely high pitched towards the end.

“Alright it’ll only take me ten minutes to go back upstairs and change.” I said grabbing my towel and water bottle off of the bench where Brittany sat.

She was dressed it a pair of tight designer jeans that made her legs look like they went on for days, her platinum blonde hair that she swore was real but had once admitted to me after too many drinks down at the local pub wasn’t, was pulled up in a stylish high pony tail that swished behind her as she made her way over to the gym door.

“Yeah it better only be ten minutes.” She grumbled, holding the door open for me impatiently.

“You realise,” I said as we began to walk across the grassy area that separated the gym from the main house, “That this ball event isn’t for like, a month, right?”

“Yes I know,” She said glaring down at her high healed shoes that were already sinking into the muddy grass. “But I have to plan my hair and shoes and makeup! There’s a lot to do Evie.”

I almost laughed at her words, but stopped myself. In Brittany’s world, this stuff really was of great importance.

We slowed our pace as we spotted the some of the males training in the wide open space behind the house. Jack was among them and I grinned as I watched him train, he was shirtless and I was shamelessly perving in his body.

Jack wasn’t as big as the other guys, he was actually quite small by wolf standards, but he made up for it with his speed and determination.