/2/ What kind of name is Percy?

I hope your enjoying the story! I don't have anything to say so I'll let you read the chapter....

Emma's POV

Apparently I had an uncle that lived in America who was coming to live with us for a year with his family.

I didn't mind that I had more family, but what I did mind was that they where going to live with us so that meant more people I have to keep my secret from.

My secret is that I am a mermaid. It's pretty cool I mean I get the power to freeze water and be able to go way deeper in the ocean than any human and hold my breath for a very very long time. The downside is I can't let anybody know, and it's a hard job because every time a touch water I have to get dry in 10 seconds or else I grow a tail. The full moon is also very annoying.

I'm not the only mermaid. My friends Cleo and Rikki also got turned into mermaids along with me at the moon pool at Mako Island during the full moon.

They also got powers, Rikki can boil and evaporate water and Cleo can control it.

You might be wondering, why keep it from the world? Well I don't exactly want to end up in a lab and be dissected or something.

Today my Uncle, Aunt, and Cousins where arriving I had asked my parents why we couldn't go and pick them up at the air port, they didn't say why but said that they where paying for the car they where renting to get here.

My parents weren't that happy that Cleo and Rikki where staying over but today was the full moon, and sense we where mermaids we couldn't look at the full moon or else bad things happen and when the moon sets we don't remember anything we did that night.

We where all sitting on the couch waiting in silence, nobody talked except for when Mom told us to be on our best behavior and to not embarrass her. Classic mother behavior.

Then not long after the tenth time of Mom telling Elliot to take his feet of the table the doorbell rang. "That would be them!" Mom excitedly got up and went to the door and swung it opened she talked with people outside for about 10 seconds when she opened the door wider and three people stepped inside.

The man who I guessed was Uncle Paul had salt and pepper hair and looked a little bit like Mom instead he was way taller than her, the woman besides him had brown hair and blue eyes and had a big belly so she must be Aunt Sally who was pregnant, entering last was a girl, she was about my age but I was surprised out how little she looked like her parents, well how little she looked like Uncle Paul, her facial features where beautiful like Aunt Sally's, she had long raven black hair up in a pony tail, she had bangs and sea green eyes, this must be my cousin who has the weird p name Perca or something.

Dad stood up and Elliot and me followed his example, "Hello, I'm Neil these are my children, Emma and Elliot," Dad introduced us he held out his hand for them to shake.

"Paul Blofis my wife Sally," he shook our hands and so did Aunt Sally. Then my cousin introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Percy Jackson," she put out her hand for us to shake.

So her name was Percy, what kind of name was Percy? And also Jackson? I thought there last name was Blofis.

Dad seemed to be thinking the same thing because he asked "Jackson?"

Percy rolled her eyes "Yes, Jackson, Paul's my stepdad, my Dad was lost at sea," we where surprised but I quickly shook her hand because I didn't want to seem rude.

"Emma, introduce your friends" Mom had taken a seat on the couch "O right sorry," I motioned to Cleo and Rikki to come over.

They came and stood right next to me.