C6

It's lunch time when I find myself animatedly walking to the cafeteria. I'm fucking starving for not eating anything in the morning and yesterday night. Everything in this place is getting a little used to. I missed breakfast because I woke up late and I couldn't find anywhere to get something to eat. After Chemistry ended and I had that weird conversation with Professor Holmes, I stayed sharp in my next classes and thankfully nothing happened. I didn't blackout or sketch out an unplanned drawing. Top of my list is searching for Emilia St. Cloud.

The cafeteria is crowded with students, and because I don't know anyone here, I feel like the shy new girl. I feel I don't know people because nobody even bothered to ask for my name or how I'm settling. I do not like feeling like this at all.

I head straight for the tray stand and grab a tray before going queue behind people waiting to get their foods while the line goes on, I notice there's only one woman in a white chef outfit, hairnet and apron. There is a long line of food, I don't think just one person can handle it and speaking of foods, everything on the menu today is mouth watering and I want to get a taste of everything but I'm afraid I can't. My allowance is, well, let's just say it's not as much as I thought it would be.

"Are you new here?" A feminine voice asks in front of me, breaking me from my thought.

I look up to see the woman standing behind the counter. Surprise to see her smiling at me. Elaine from my old school's cafeteria would scowl and make snide remarks.

I nod, answering her question. "Yes. What gave me away?"

"You keep looking at everything like you want devour it but can't afford." She analysis me.

"That's exactly what I was doing. I should probably keep it down before anyone else notice," I reply with a smile.

She chuckles while her eyes follows the other students movement. "Pick anything you want hon, your tuition fee covers everything." She informs me.

It does? I never knew and thank God she told me. Now, I'm free to eat anything I want. This is the only thing I like the school.

"Cami Stark?" She says my name like she isn't sure if it's me.

I nod. "That is me," I answer and before I can ask how she knows, she  smiles and reaches for my tray. "The Headmaster told me about you. And he put me in charge of you, from today onward, you'll be getting your food from me, and you can write the list of things you like and don't like. What can I get you?" She asks.

I smile. "Wow!" I'm surprised they can do that. "I didn't know you could do that, it feels like I'm getting special treatment." I say and look beside me to see students shooting invisible lasers at me, I'm holding up the line and they can't move unless I shift. "Definitely special treatment. I'll get every one of the greens."

She chuckles. "What can I say? We love to take care of all our students." She responds and begins to fill my tray with burger, salad, frozen yogurt and fruits. "Here you go darling."

I smile. "Thanks."

"Camille."

I turn around to leave but stop when she calls me. "Don't hesitate to ask me anything."

I nod in understanding. Trust me I won't. "Thanks..." I trail off when I realize I don't know her name.

"Martha," She senses my struggles and is nice enough to put me out of my misery.