C40

I don't think twice as I storm into Roman and Nate's room with unexplainable rage without permission. Not giving a single fuck if he's naked or doing anything I'm not supposed to see. I'm beyond furious and he is the only one that can make sense of everything. There are a lot of things I'm still trying to wrap my head around like the fact that he, of all people have been playing me. If anyone knows anything about my parent's death, then it's him. And if it turns out that he actually knows something. Then, I will make sure to return the favor with interest. I'm not stupid enough to think their deaths is just natural, not after what dad told me

His head snaps to my direction. He drops the book he's reading on his bed as soon as I enter, standing up and frowning at me. Well, guess what, buddy? I don't give a damn what you were doing.

"Cami, what's the he-" I interrupt before he finishes his sentence.

"Did you have something to do with my  my parents’ death?" I demand with a stoic expression. I'm not here to play games with him.

I hear heavy footsteps behind me. I guess Nate and Jessica followed me. I hope they are not here to stop me because I am getting the truth out of him, with or without their approval.

"Your parents are dead?" Oh Roman, Trying to play dumb, we have all day. "Oh my God! Are you okay?" He takes a step forward in order to comfort me like he's always done, but it's not going to happen today, not this time.

I raise my hand to stop his movements. I'm not sure if the patience left in me can overpower the anger. "Cut the crap, Roman. I know everything." I tell him.

He raises his eyebrow in question. "Know what?"

I close my eyes and seize my breath. My hand is beside me, curled in a tight fist and my shoulder won't stop shaking.

"Don't play coy, Roman. You are not daft." Jessica spit out.

He chuckles, but it doesn't reach his eyes like we're ganging up to play a joke on him or something. Before all this, I thought I knew Roman, I didn't trust him but being in my supposed coven and stuff, I thought he'd watch my back but now I see he's just as bad as they come. His acting isn't getting to me and I should have known he would play the dumb card.

"What is this? Are you guys trying to be funny because I don't understand you." His gaze goes to Nate. "Nate, tell me what's going on?"

Nate looks away from him as he pulls Jessica closer. That's it. I take a threatening step towards him. He doesn't move back. He's waiting, watching what I'm going to do.

"Cami, I don't understand what's going on. You can't just barge into my room and start accusing me of shit–" I cut him off.

"Mind your words, Roman. My parents’ death is not shit," I tell him clearly through gritted teeth.

He scratches the back of his neck and looks guilty. "I'm sorry, you are right. I wasn't thinking when I said that, just tell me what's going on, why are you here?"

"My parents are dead, Roman. They are fucking dead. Do you know anything about this? Did you have anything to do with it?" I repeat my question in a more detailed way.

He raises his eyebrows in question. "Are you insane? What sort of stupid question is that?"

"Just answer the bloody question motherfucker," Nate roars behind me.

Roman looks over my head to Nate. I see his expression changes. He is disappointed that Nate is on my side instead of his, and he is not happy, he looks hurt and betrayed which makes two of us. He looks at me again and read my blank expression and fury stare. He knows I mean this.