#2 take off

In Sana's hotel room, Mahira and Sana had just entered when Mahira inquired with concern, "Sana, are you really okay?"

Sana replied, masking her sadness, "Yes, I'm truly fine."

Mahira persisted, "Why do you live alone in Mohali? Come with me to Mumbai, please..."

Sana resisted, "You know I can't go due to some problems. Please, don't ask any more."

Their conversation was interrupted by a phone call.

Sana answered, "Hello... What?!" and began to cry. Mahira, understanding the likely news, tried to comfort her.

"Who was it on the phone? Was it the same issue?" Mahira asked.

Sana nodded.

Mahira insisted, "Come on, agree to come with me. I won't take no for an answer." Eventually, Sana conceded, having no other choice. After dinner, they went to sleep.

Meanwhile, in Sid's hotel room, he was lost in thought about a girl with innocent eyes, smiling faintly.

Sid thought to himself, "Why can't I forget her? No, Sid, you can't keep thinking about a random girl, especially a model. Just stop."

His thoughts were interrupted by Paras, who came to inform him of their early morning departure due to interviews scheduled at the office. Sid agreed, and after Paras left, he fell asleep with the day's events still on his mind.

The next morning at 6 am, Sidharth was in the airport's waiting lounge for his flight when he saw a girl giggling and approaching. He thought it was the same girl and struggled with his thoughts.

Sana said to Mahira, "Let's take a seat."

Mahi eagerly nudged Sana, "Come on, let's go."

Sana and Mahi were comfortably seated in the waiting lounge when suddenly, an announcement reverberated through the area — their flight was ready for boarding. Upon hearing this, they promptly gathered their belongings and made their way to the gate. In the midst of the hustle, Sana accidentally collided with a stranger, resulting in both their phones clattering to the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry... this was my fault. Here's your phone," Sana apologized profusely.

"It's okay," the stranger, Sid, replied with a smile.

After the brief encounter, Sana and Mahi proceeded to board their flight, followed by Sid and his companion, Paras.

Aboard the flight, Sid was lost in thought.

'She's captivating,' he mused to himself, 'I can't seem to get her image out of my mind — her eyes, her voice... No, Sid, you mustn't fall for a stranger.'

Meanwhile, Sana was having similar thoughts.

'There he is again. He's so attractive... I wish I could just talk to him. But no, Sana, you shouldn't be thinking about someone you barely know,' she chided herself.

Eventually, they landed in Mumbai.

Sana and Mahi made their way to Mahi's apartment.

"Take some rest, Sana. Later, we can start applying for jobs for you," Mahi suggested.

"Okay," Sana agreed.

Retiring to the guest room, Sana lay down, her thoughts drifting to her family and her home, until sleep gently enveloped her.

Meanwhile, at Sid's residence...

Sid had just entered his room and was preparing for work when his phone rang.

Sid: Hello?

Vikas: Hey, have you arrived in Mumbai?

Sid: Yes, I'm here. Is there a problem? (with concern)

Vikas: No, I was thinking we should have a party. What do you say?

Sid: Not today, let's do it tomorrow, okay?

Vikas: But why?

Sid: I have some important work at the office...

Vikas: Alright, bye then.

Sid: Hmm.

The call ended, and as Sid was about to leave for the office, his phone rang again.

Sid: Hello?

Paras: Sir, there's an issue with the website.

Sid: What happened?

Paras: The candidates who applied aren't showing up due to some issues, so I think we have to postpone the interviews.

Sid: Okay, okay, just post a notice on the website.

Paras: Yes, sure sir. Have a good day.

After ending the call, Sid thought that since the interviews were postponed, it might be a good time to have the party. He called Vikas back, and Vikas agreed.

At Sana's residence, the morning began with a flurry of activity. Sana, having just awakened, was approached by Mahira with an update.

Mahira: "Sana, listen, I've applied for that job on your behalf, and they'll notify you about the interview, okay?"

Sana, still groggy from sleep, responded with a simple, "Okay."

Not missing a beat, Mahira continued, "Listen, let's go to the club tonight, okay?"

Sana, after a moment's hesitation, agreed, "Ummm... okay."

"Great! Come on out, I'll make some coffee for us, then we can get ready. I'll call my friends to join us as well, okay?" Mahira said with enthusiasm.

Sana, now a bit more alert, suggested, "Why don't we also invite Shefali? She lives in Mumbai too."

Mahira nodded in agreement and went off to prepare the coffee.

Post-coffee, Mahira and Sana reached out to their close circle of friends—Jasmine, Shefali, Daljiet, and even Mahira's neighbor Nelisha—to join them for the evening.

Once everyone gathered, Sana and the group engaged in a lively conversation, catching up and making plans for the night ahead.

Shefu greeted with affection, "How are you, dear?"

Sana replied with joy, "I'm doing well, Shefu. I'm so happy you came."

Nelisha expressed her delight, "Mahi, your friend is truly wonderful. I'm seriously very happy to meet her. I've always heard you talk about her."

Sana responded warmly, "Oh, thank you, Neli. I'm happy too."

Subsequently, they departed for the club.

Upon arrival, they witnessed something that deeply upset Mahi, causing her to cry inconsolably.

/////////////////

That concludes today's update.

The sudden tears of Mahira have left us all in suspense. What could have possibly triggered such an emotional response? Share your theories in the comments.

Sending love to everyone. ♥️ Stay safe and stay joyful. 😘

🤗♥️