Chapter 10: Training

Training day one

The next day Felicia and Raven train together in the gym Charles' had set up in one of the first floor rooms. Throughout the day when Felicia and Raven take breaks from training they peer out the window and watch Charles help train the others.

Towards the end of the first day Raven watches Hank walk past the window in defeat, having been teased by Alex for the fifty millionth time... that day. Raven looks at Hank sympathetically as Hank walks past before going back to lifting weights and Felicia goes back to hitting the punching bag.

As she punches the bag memories of when Shaw made Erik and Felicia train together trickle into her mind and she begins punching much harder and more aggressively. More and more memories of Shaw pour into her mind before the memory of Shaw killing her mother surfaces and Felicia loses control. Felicia strikes the punching bag with so much force she sends it flying past Raven and through the window.

Felicia looks down at my hands that now have a glowing white aura, then up at Raven who's turned back to her normal blue self from the sudden breaking of the window.

"I-I'm sorry Raven." Felicia apologise as her hands stop glowing. "I don't know what came over me."

Charles and Alex run over to the window while the other mutants run through the door into the room to see what the fuss is about.

"I am so sorry Charles." Felicia apologises. 

"It's alright love I'll get it fixed." Charles replies sympathetically.

"No, allow me." Felicia replies. 

Felicia closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before opening her now glowing eyes as do her hands as she uses her telekinetic powers to bring the punching bag inside and fix the window. 

Once everything is in back in place her eyes and hands return to normal.

"Wow." Sean marvels.

"Wow indeed." Charles smiles before addressing everyone. "Okay everyone, shows over."

~

Training day three

"Guys! Sean's about to test out his prototype wings!" Raven says excitedly running into the gym. 

Alex and Felicia share a look stopping their hand to hand combat training and run to see Sean test out his wings. 

Raven, Alex and Erik all look out the window next to where Charles and Hank are preparing Sean while Felicia sits atop the roof next to windows ready to watch with excitement.

"Now remember, scream as hard as you can." Charles instructs as Sean sits on the window edge.

"You need the sound waves to be supersonic. Catch them at the right angle, and they should carry you." Hank adds. 

"They should carry me. That's reassuring." Sean replies sarcastically.  

"Good luck." Charles says patting Sean on the back before stepping away. "And don't forget to scream." 

Sean prays before opening his arms wide and falling out the window letting out a squawk before landing with a thud in the hedges below.