Chapter 6: You Got Yourself A Deal

What seemed like forever, they slowly pulled away from each other. Jaskier looked up to check on Geralt and noticed how close they were, he could just kiss hi- Pull yourself together man! He screamed to himself, internally.

He felt his cheeks getting warm, he hoped Geralt wouldn’t notice. They both stood there, with Jaskier facing Geralt. “Ok. Since that just happened. Uhm… this stays between us, Geralt.”

Geralt smiled at Jaskier. Wow today just seems to be full of surprises, Jaskier thought. It wasn’t often to see Geralt smile much. Well that was back then.

“Of course. Jaskier. I… I understand if I don’t-”

“You have the job, Geralt,” Jaskier cut him off, “You won by a landslide.”

Geralt was stunned, “What? Just like that? Jas...”

Jaskier shook his head, “Look Geralt. Be glad that you got the job….. And actually… nobody else applied for it. Which is disappointing but also very easy for me. I wasn’t really looking forward to interviewing a lot of people, since they’d just take my time, when I could just write music during that time.” He confessed.

“But here we are.” Geralt commented.

“Yeah, here we are.” Something then popped into Jaskier thoughts, he was going to regret saying this but,“Call me crazy-”

“You’re crazy.” Geralt smirked.

“Oh aren’t you hilarious. Ha ha.” Jaskier rolled his eyes, giving Geralt a punch on the shoulder, “Anyways, as I was saying, maybe … I know you don’t believe in that stuff but maybe we were meant to see each other again Geralt.”

Geralt gave his infamous ‘hmm’ as a response.

“That’s your answer, Geralt? Come on.”

“Maybe you’re right Jas. Sure, I don’t believe that stuff. One thing is certain, I’m really glad that I get to see you again. Making up with you is something I’ve always wanted to do.” Geralt acknowledged.

Jaskier felt his heart skip a beat. Did he really mean that?
God, here we go again, Jaskier complained to himself.
He couldn’t fall for Geralt! Or else he’d get hurt all over again. But how could he not? It was Geralt after all…

“Listen Geralt. Sure we made up, but it might take awhile for me to… you know.” Jaskier tried to explain, hoping Geralt would understand.

Geralt nodded, “I get it. It’s alright. Take your time.”