Chapter 4

One hour ago…

Geralt and his brothers went back to his apartment, to prepare him for the interview. He and Eskel sat on the couch, while Eskel would ask him questions that might come up during the interview. Lambert, on the other hand, played fetch with Roach in the hallway and would comment on Geralt once or twice.

“Well Geralt, it seems like you’re going to be fine. You answered my questions like any responsible and mature person. You’ll do great.” Eskel praised.

“Eh. It was okay,” Lambert butted in, causing Geralt to glare at him, “But, y’know it’s good enough.”

Geralt huffed in defeat. “I don’t know, you guys. I’m not sure if I can do this interview.” Definitely not, since he was facing Jaskier. God, it had been 12 years, since he last saw him. How was it that he never heard of Jaskier being a singer? He felt like an idiot. If he just looked up on the internet for Jaskier, maybe things would’ve been different.

Geralt sighed, at the possible future he might’ve had, if he and Jaskier never fought in the first place. Instead, he had an interview with him, who’d definitely won’t hire him. Great. Just great.

“Wait. Is it because you and that guy had history or something?” Lambert asked loudly from the hallway.

Yeah, you could say that, Geralt scoffed mentally. He never told anyone what happened between him and Jaskier and that should stay that way. He felt miserable for what he did and had always regretted that decision. Was it just him or was it warm in the apartment? He should probably open the windo-

“-eralt! Yo!” Lambert shouted, while shaking both his shoulders.

Geralt looked confused, he didn’t even realize he spaced out. He couldn’t believe that Jaskier got to him. The thought of him already began to mess with his head. “Yeah. Uh. Sorry.”

“Wow. Ok. So there’s definitely something between you and that singer.” Lambert commented.

“Just drop it, Lambert. Geralt if you’re not up for it, we could find another job for you.” Eskel suggested, giving Geralt a reassuring smile. He was always like that, back in the military days, Eskel had this role of being everyone’s big brother. Although he came from a big family, it was like an instinct for him to look out for the people he cared about.

Geralt thought about it, he could just give up the chance to see Jaskier again or he’d man up and make amends with Jaskier. He owed him that. Geralt sighed, there was no point of running away. “Thanks Eskel. But I’ll just stick to this interview.”

“Good. Cause I would’ve talked you into it anyways.” Eskel claimed.

“Ok, so since the interview is happening... Are you sure it’s a good idea that he's wearing that? Like come on, I think it’s best if he wears a suit.” Lambert explained to Eskel, gesturing to Geralt.

Geralt shook his head. “He’s right. I’m gonna go change. Be right back.” Geralt got up and went straight to his room to change.