Chapter 2

Jason~

I walked along the empty streets of District 2. The grey buildings were void of any color, all the yards were concrete except for the one other familiar house in the neighborhood. It didn't have a lot of grass for there were patches and flowers.

"Jason!" I was cut out of my trance and looked up to see my only friend Danny coming outside of the house waving at me. He was followed by his single mom. His dad had died in the rebellion after the 74th hunger games.

The thought of what Katniss and Peeta did sickened me. They should know there is no escape together in the games and Seneca Crane made a poor mistake. I was born just before the 63rd games when Seneca just became head game-maker. I was named after him and I realize how much shame is in the name, just like how much shame is on me.

Eventually Katniss and Peeta were both executed and the Capitol used their magic to raise the District 2 tribute Cato from the dead. He was deemed the victor and is now the latest hero from District 2.

Danny's mom, Rosemary, always stayed away from violence and took Danny out of his training school. He wasn't that good anyway. Danny was almost a copy of me. He has sandy blond hair and blue eyes but he was very clumsy.

Rosemary smiled and waved at me, "Hi Jason." Her face was somber for she knew now both her son and her daughter, Estelle, were now eligible for the hunger games. Estelle was a quiet little girl that was a best friend to my sister Maggy. She was little with a weak frame like her mom.

I walked with them to the reaping where they took my blood to make sure I was there and I was ushered to the sixteen year old row. I stood next to Danny. We looked at each other and he gave a weak smile. He was always the person to cheer me up, even lightly. He pointed towards our sisters standing next to each other and holding hands. Estelle was crying and Maggy was trying to stay strong. I continued looking and I saw my parents looking at me giving me a death glare. I tried to avoid their gaze as I kept looking around. To the side I saw the "ambassador," Snow Pristeen, she was the one person who didn't get called in the reaping. Although I was jealous of her invulnerability I thought she was absolutely beautiful but I knew she would ever fall for me. I was a failure. We made a short glance of eye contact but she also glared at me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts and cringed as I heard the heels of our District's escort Isis Relevana. She was wearing skin-tight yellow pants and 5 inch stilettos that made her tower of everybody. Her skin was dyed lime green and her wig was pink. The tattoos on her face made it look like she was permanently smiling. She also wore a blouse which had all the colors splattered on haphazardly.

"Hello! Hello Everybody! Happy Hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favour."

I had heard this way to many times from her and her squeaky voice with the bright pink outfit and wig did not help.

She spoke again," Let's read the scrolls."

Soon the mayor came out and listed the lengthy names of the past victors. The names ended with Cato. Then the video came on explaining the rebellion and how the hunger games came to be ending with District 13 being bombed and wiped out. This video was mainly shown to keep the outline districts at bay and the hunger games was made to extinguish hope. There was no problem with extinguishing hope for the career districts. There were mostly loyal to the Capitol and so far there has been no rebellion.

After the video ended Isis came back on the stage, "Don't you just love that! Now, for the time of the reaping, Ladies first as always."

She reached her hand in the bowl of the names and pulled out a small slip of paper.

"Estelle Minerva!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
That was a shorter chapter sorry all. I'm still working on my writing so any help is good. Bye Guys.

I want to thank LilLucy2 for letting me use a few of her characters and connecting my story for hers.

Please check out her story, "I'm not who you think I am."

Thank you,

NFree