Chapter 1

Jason~

I woke up in a pool of sweat. I had just had a nightmare of being in the Hunger Games, dead. The reaping day was today, where they picked the "lucky" tributes who would fight to the death in a battle royale designed by the Capitol. The whole thing was sickening to me. For other stronger tributes in District 1,2 and 4, it was an honor but I wanted to have nothing to do with it. I am sixteen meaning my name has been place in the jar of names six times. The chances are not high but... neither is it for anybody. Something crazy might happen.

The reason why I was scared was because I was kicked out of training school years ago at the age of twelve. I still remember the day vividly.

I walked up to the District Two training center, where they trained all the youth to become peacekeepers. I was enthusiastic, this is my dream job. I opened the large fifteen feet tall doors and I felt half the eyes apon me.

"He look! It's the failure Jason!" That was Andrew, the bully and best fighter in the training center.

"Hey! Are you ready to become a janitor? That's all you can do anyways," That was Slvil, pretty much my worst enemy.

I walked to my first station trying to ignore all the threats. The station was knife throwing, something I was terrible at. My unenthusiastic trainer greeted me with a grunt. His name was Alec, a retired peacekeeper who couldn't keep up with the rest. He was angered very easily but he was used to my failure. I went and picked up the lightest knife I saw. It had a rough handle which made for a good grip. I threw it, missing the target by five feet.

"You are not even close," said Alec, "Throw it straight over the top."

I listened to his advice and threw the knife came straight from my hand and hit Alec in the foot.

Alec screamed "OWW! You are done in this center, FOREVER!"

The whole attention of the training center was on me.

I sprinted out of the training center trying to avoid the mocks from the others. Tears were flowing from my eyes as I tried to hide from all the taunts. I ran to my house and walked in. Nobody was there so I ran to my room and hid under the bed. There was no doubt that the training center would tell my parents and I would be severely punished. Nobody has ever been dishonered this way. I had made a mockery of myself.

This thought has been haunting me for the rest of my life. To shake off this thought, I went to get my nicest clothes on for the reaping.

"Jason Seneca Fletcher!" Said my mom, "Get down here this instance."

I rushed to get on my clothes out of my trunk and put them on. I speedily combed my blond, sandy hair over to the side so my by blue eyes were shown. I was wearing a red button up shirt and nice black pants. I soon rushed downstairs and saw my family leaving. My sister, Maggy, looked terrified, this was the first year of being at the reaping. I smiled reassuringly at her as they left.

"And Jason!" That was my dad, "Meet us there soon!"

I ate my breakfast, and ran out to meet my family at the District square.