Chapter 25

Cast members

Sofia Carson as Kyla leaney

Francisco lachowiski as Tyler Channell

Elizabeth Gillies  as Melanie Hill

Toni Mahfud as Cameron Walker

Lili Reinhart as  Stace Roberts

Zac Efron as Warren Sawyer

Gregg Sulkin as Bruce Williams

Dylan O'brien as Elmer Decker

Nina Dobrev as Jodie

Kyla's P.O.V

I'm a nervous wreck as we make our way into the main house as all eyes are on us. I try to pull away from Tyler seeing as it's his party and I want him to enjoy it but he doesn't let go of my hand. He only tightens his hold on me and pulls me closer to him as we are approached by an old couple.

They introduce themseleves to me as Tyler's grandparents and Tyler introduces me to them as his girlfriend. His grandmother embraces me and she's honestly the sweetest old lady I've ever met.

"I heard you're ready to take over the business," his grandfather says.

"Yes I am, "Tyler says as he grabs two glasses of champagne from a waiter that is passing by. He hands me one but I only hold onto it seeing that I'm pregnant.

"Your father would have been very proud of you Tyler.  I am proud of you.  I never thought I would live to see the day when you brought such a gorgeous girl home for us to meet but here we are,"his grandmother says as she embraces me again making us all chuckle.

"Grandma you're squeezing the life out of her,"Tyler says with a chuckle as she let's me go and mumbles an apology.

"Happy birthday grandson,"his grandfather says as he embraces him one more time and they make their way to another group.

"She's very lovely and funny,"I say referring to her grandmother.

"Dad was so much like her. Only that he was more intimidating more like grandpa,"he says with a sad tone.

"I'm sorry about your dad. I know you don't like talking about it but I agree. He would be so proud of the man you have become."He tries to cut me off and change the subject like he normally does when I bring the subject up but I'm not having it. Not today.

"I know it's a sore subject for you but I want you to know that I understand more than anyone else and if you ever want to talk about it I'm here babe,"I say as I cup his face.

He smiles at me as he kisses me."Thankyou fot that cupcake. I needed that and when I'm ready I'll come to you. I promise."

I look around the room and notice some girls throwing daggers at me with their looks. I'm sure if looks could kill I would be dead by now. A lot of people are staring our way which makes me more nervous.

He chugs down his champagne and now his glass is empty. I grab his glass and exchange it with mine as he looks at me weirdly.

"What's up?"he asks as I hold onto his empty glass.

"Nothing. I just don't want to drink tonight,"I say as I look anywhere but him.

"You know I'm not buying that right?" he asks as he tries to figure me out but we are interrupted by some of his friends.

More of his friends continue to wish him a happy birthday and now I've started switching his glasses of champagne with juice knowing that he has to make a speech before the end of the night.