Chapter 4: Leo

A/N hey! Here is the fourth chapter, brought to you unexpectedly late.  I’m really sorry!!!! I will talk to you guys at the end of this chapter more. 

Chapter 4:

Leo

Leo threw his wrench in frustration, cursing loudly.  They had just landed, and things were not going as well with Archimedes spheres as he had hoped.   The damn things were far more complex than he had imagined.  Well, at least I can study them Leo thought. He was trying to be optimistic, but it wasn’t working.  Rubbing his hands through his curly black hair, Leo walked away from the ship.  He desperately needed space and all the Argo 2 was doing was reminding him of everything that had led up to this moment.  Not really paying attention to where he was going, Leo was startled when he heard a screeching sound ahead of him.    He froze. What was that?  Advancing slowly, and careful not to make a sound, Leo strained his ears.  It sounded like… singing?  Very bad singing at that.  Wow. Whoever it was, they were really butchering Jukebox Hero.   Leo came up to a shack, which seemed to be where the singing was emanating from.  Leo drew a hammer from his belt.  Anything that sounded that bad had to be a monster.  Leo peeked inside and had to restrain a laugh.  A girl of about 15 was dancing around, wearing cutoff shorts and a blue sports bra (not that Leo minded that).  She had a body like a dancer, or a distance runner, really skinny and wiry, all muscle and no fat to speak of.  Her arms were coated in oil and she had a streak of grease across her forehead.  Her eyes were closed, and she danced around what appeared to be a workshop and a room, singing into a crescent wrench for all she was worth.  A cheap radio was blaring in the corner.  Finally Leo couldn’t hold it any longer.  He applauded, absolutely cracking up.  The girl’s eyes opened.  They were light blue. She gasped, and changed her grip on the wrench like she meant to throw it.  Leo held up his hands.

“Whoa there princess!  I come in peace.”   The girl eyed him suspiciously, but relaxed her hold on the crescent wrench. 

“Who are you and what do you want?” she asked.  Leo decided that he liked her voice more now that she wasn’t singing.  It had a nice rasp to it, and was a little deep. 

“Leo’s the name.  I came to see what was being tortured, but I see you have it under control.” Leo flashed his best you-can’t-resist-me smile.  The girl blushed and looked down with a little smile, which made her even cuter, if possible. 

“Yeahhhh… sorry you had to hear that.  If you want, I have a power saw in the corner, you could chop off your ears before I break into song again.” 

Leo laughed.  This girl was great!  He said “Trust me. You haven’t heard me in the shower.  I think I’ll live.”

She giggled and grabbed a crumpled shirt off the ground, pulling it over her head.  It was orange, faded and wrinkled, which made Leo sad all over again because it reminded him of Annabeth and Percy.  She noticed his expression.  “What’s wrong? Did I do something?” she asked worriedly. 

“No… it’s your shirt.  It just reminded me of something.” Leo cleared his throat.  She looked down at her shirt thoughtfully.   

Quietly, almost in a whisper, she asked “Something to do with Camp Halfblood…?”  Leo’s head jerked up.  At that same moment, the room got freezing cold and a blade was pushed against Leo’s throat.  The girl’s blue eyes widened.  A soft voice whispered in his ear, sending chills down his back. 

“Don’t move and don’t scream if you value your life, puny demigod.” It was Khione. Man, Leo could never catch a break! He tried to think of some witty comeback, but the knife at his throat prevented any funny remarks.  The mysterious girl grabbed a hot metal spear that had been sitting in the fire.  Leo swore her heard her say “It’s not celestial bronze, but it’ll do…” and looked like she was going to attack.  Khione pushed the knife tighter against Leo’s throat, drawing a thin line of blood.  “Don’t test me little girl.  He is expendable, and I will not hesitate to kill him. Other sacrifices can be made.  Put it back.” Although the girl’s eyes were filled with rage, she put the spear-thing back.  She kept her eyes on Leo and Khione the whole time.  Khione smiled evilly. “That’s a good little pathetic girl.  Now stay, and please, don’t follow. This is my favorite dress and it’s already soiled by this demigod’s filth.  I do not wish to have your blood spilt on it too.”  Oh gods, the girl looked murderous now.  Leo tried to break Khione’s hold, struggling for all that he was worth, but Khione just strangled him even more.  Instead, Leo tried to send a mental message to the girl.  Something along the lines of Bad! Get help from my friends on the giant floating ship about a mile away and tell them that I’ve been captured! Save me! But it was hopeless.  Leo was pretty sure that all he was conveying was terror.  The girl slowly advanced on the pair, weaponless.  Khione hissed.  “Stay back!” She stopped.  Khione started backing away again.  Leo struggled for all he was worth. No! I won’t be taken by you! he thought viciously and fought harder.   Khione made an annoyed grunt.  The last thing Leo remembered was a heavy object hitting the back of his head, pain, and then blackness as Khione dragged him away.

A/N  okay! Sorry it took me so long to update, as per usual.  I’m not really sure what to do with this girl now that I have her, but I didn’t want Leo to be alone… and I still need a name for her! Do you guys like her or no? Should I keep her? Let me know in the comments please! And vote if you liked this chapter! I love you all.

Stay Foolish!