Chapter 9: Thalia

A/N Hello again! Long time no update… oops. *dodges pointy objects and tries to avoid the assassins* But I have an excuse! I was on a crazy 11 day trip in California without internet! It was awful (Not the trip, the no internet part. The trip was awesome!). WARNING: LOOOOOONG AUTHORS NOTE AHEAD, AND AT THE END.  Anyways this is just something that has been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I decided to do a chapter on it. I think you will like it… if not, sorry. The next chapter will be Jason. Since I am in a particularly evil mood lately, I won’t be going back to Tartarus for a few chapters (Or maybe it is because I ran out of ideas… Oops again).  Just in case you didn’t figure it out yet, I don’t have a set order for my chapters. I can’t write like that.  I just put whatever is bouncing around in my cranium and put it down on paper.  So yeah, I won’t have a set order. Anyways, I went to LA and was all like “DUDE! The entrance to the Underworld is somewhere around here”. Anyways here is my very own chapter number 9! Read on dearies. Oh and also before I forget: you all need to check out NameChanger’s HoH fan fiction! It is really good and she is trying to get more readers so read it!! You will like it J also, I am typing this is pain.  We played volleyball in gym and this guy was really pissing me off so I punched the ball when it sailed over to me. Now all of my fingers hurt… not smart. THALIA CHAPTER!! I always wanted to do one of these... :)

Chapter 9:

Thalia

Thalia was in shock.  She couldn’t believe it.  Two of her friends, scratch that her two best friends were gone. She didn’t even get to say goodbye.  Thalia broke into a fresh round of tears as memories washed over her.

Luke and she crept silently down an alley. He put his finger against his lip and slowly opened the lid of a garbage can.  A whirling dervish of blond hair, scratched skin and a hammer came flying out at them.  Luckily they were quick, reflexes honed by getting chased by monsters. Luke somehow managed to grab the hammer away from the girl and grabbed her wrist. She kicked and tried to get away. She had wide, gray eyes that were intelligent, even though she could only be 7 or so. Her blond hair was a rats’ nest. She looked absolutely terrified. “No more monsters! Go away!”

“Hey, it’s alright, we’re not going to hurt you. I’m Thalia, and this is Luke.”

Annabeth, Luke and Thalia were laughing.  Annabeth had tears coming out of her eyes, and Luke was rolling on the ground.  Thalia grabbed her stomach, which had started to hurt from all the guffaws. She grabbed their camera, which was cheap, but worked. Raising it to her eye, she snapped a picture of her two best friends, and saved the moment forever.

Thalia’s head was killing her.  She fell to the ground.  It felt like every part of her was being dipped in lava.  She was vaguely aware of a group of people surrounding her.  Why weren’t they helping her? She needed help… medicine. She tried to speak but no words escaped from her. Her eyes were shut tight against the pain.  She could feel somebody kneeling next to her, but Thalia couldn’t hear what she was saying.  She sensed that another person knelt by her. Whoever it was placed their hand on her forehead.  Suddenly she was lifted up, her head lolling on the person’s shoulder.  Thalia could hear the faint shouts, and guessed whoever was holding her was a he, based on the voice and lack of boobs.  She took a shaky breath, and with much effort, opened her eyes.  She coughed. Thalia was looking into the face of a guy with startling sea-green/blue eyes. He had shaggy black hair that fell over his forehead with wild abandonment.  He was maybe 13? She was so confused. “Who—“ she got out before her voice failed. 

“I’m Percy. You’re safe now.”   

            Annabeth went over the edge, still clinging on to Dr. Thorn’s back. Thalia silently screamed, wanting to cry. Annabeth couldn’t die! No… not her! “Annabeth!” Percy screamed. He ran in that direction. Thalia started to run too, but was cut short by Zoe Nightshade. Ugh.