Perfect

New Orleans has horrible schools, especially if you're in a very segregated area, and your parents don't allow interracial friendships. That's why my parents don't really know about my friends.

Let's have a quick run-down of the people I call friends.

There's Natalie, we call her Nat. She's black and white, a rarity here. Like me, she's 16, but she's younger than me by some days. Nat showed me several new things, that I'll cherish forever.

Ryan Simmons is a 17 year old Filipino junior. He's accepted into every racial group because he's just that cool. A lot of people like him, but he's just like a brother to me, like Nat is a sister. Ryan helped me out with a lot of issues I had with insecurity, and he actually held a seminar at school to deal with the same thing, He's smart, but not when it comes to the dating world. Which brings me to the next member of my clique.

Kaitlyn Ontari is a 17 year old whore, otherwise known as one of my best friends. She's Filipino, so she's okay with my parents, but that's racist, so I kind of hate that idea. She dated Ryan and two other guys named Connor and Shawn. They were all bad break ups.

Finally, there's Connor who I'll explain. 16 year old jock is the best way to describe him. Everybody liked him at one point. He's weird and creepy and perverted, and he's part of my social crowd. Since he's a boy, he already doesn't sit welll with my parents, but he's okay with me. He's white. Also, he's very interested in Nat, but she doesn't know that, and it was really hard not to tell her myself, but Connor would kill me if I told anybody.

"Ana! Let's sit outside today!" Nat said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I nodded my head and grabbed my bagged lunch, walking out the cafeteria with Nat. We chose a table not far from the doors to go inside. It was a nice view, you could see the Mississippi Delta from there. In the distance, you could here blues music playing.

That kind of got annoying.

"You were so deep in thought. Thinking about Josh, yeah?" Nat asked, making assumptions.

I rolled my eyes. "No. Hush. You suck."

"Dick, yes I know." Nat smiled. "Now what were you really thinking about?"

"Harry Styles." Connor said, sitting down next to Nat.

Nat rolled her eyes. "You didn't even know which one was Harry until yesterday. And that's kind of sad considering he's in my locker, and you're locker is right next to mine."

Connor smiled at her. It was so obvious he liked her! And it's so sad she never noticed, considering the fact she secretly likes him back.

"Yeah, whatever, give me Zayn and I'm good. Or just let me be with my K-Pop people." I said.

 "K-Pop this!K-Pop that! Just play "Bandz a Make Her Dance" and I'll be satisfied!" Ryan yelled, walking over to our table. He hugged me and sat down on Nat's lap. Connor rolled his eyes and I shrugged.

"K-Pop isn't that bad. You just have to listen to the right people, like Infinite and Teen Top." I urged.

Nat nodded her head, messing with Ryan's hair. "Yeah, they're aight, but the most popular song to come out of Asia would have to be Gangnam Style."

"Ew. That isn't music." Ryan said.

"Neither is Kanye West."

Ryan and Nat gasped at the same time. "You take that back!"

We laughed and ate in silence.

"Get up Ryan. I wanna get more chicken." Nat said finally,

"Magic word is?"

"I'll cut you bitch."

"Love you too." Ryan scoffed, kissing Nat on the cheek and getting up.

Nat got up after him and stuck her tongue out at him." That's what happens when you mess with a black person and their chicken.

I got up too, and patted Connor's shoulder. Nat and I walked to the lunch line and waited for some students to clear away before we started talking.

"My friend Justin is having a party tomorrow night, you wanna go?"' Nat asked me.

"I've never heard of him before. Who is that 'cause you know I can't go without telling my parents where I'm exactly going."

"He's black..."

I  scoffed. "Nat, it's not like I'm racist! My parents just are..."

"Yeah, but you like black guys so it's okay."

"Who's going to the party?" I asked.

"Everybody, but Ryan can take you so you're parents won't freak and shit."

"I can't imagining my parents freaking. Ew."

Nat chuckled. "This is not Tumblr. Stop being perveted!" she got her chicken and we started walking back over to our table. "Remember when you told all those sixth graders about colors and sex?"

"Ermaggerd yes! That was horrible!"

I had told sixth graders about a post I read on Tumblr one day. It said white meant you'rer a virgin, black meant you had sex, red meant the guy fucked you so hard you bled, so on and so on. Then this ratchet girl in my class started talking about it and I screamed at her and called ass annoying... Yeah my parents don't know abou that.

Nat sat down and laid her head on Ryan's lap. "Feed me!" she whined.

Ryan stroked her hair and fed her. Connor's ears turned red, and he stormed out of the cafeteria. I wish he knew Nat and Ryan were just like brother and sister. This type of shit crushed Connor.

I left the table soon after, and saw a group of boys. One of them saw me, and he waved.

He was lowkey cute, shaggy brown hair, pale white skin, dimples when he cheesed... I learned later that he was also really smart. I learned some moore things about him, but never his name.

After school my friend Kaitlyn ran up to me, blabbering about something.

"Breathe! What happened?!"

She slowed down her speech. "I was at gym and Josh told me he was going to this party, wanna go with me to see my future babydaddy?"

Kaitlyn... as I said before, was a slut. She went from guy to guy, but when she wanted a new boytoy, she killed over him. At that time, Josh was her new boytoy.

That kind of meant I had no chance with him.

"Wanna go to the party with me Ana?" she repeated once more.

"Whose party is it?"

"Justin's. He's black."

I rolled my eyes. "Just because someone's black doesn't mean I can't go!" I shouted, a little too loud.

---------------------

"No."

"But daddy!" I whined, trying to pursuade him.

"I know nothing about this Justin boy, Juliana."

"He's Asian and smart." I lied through my teeth. "And Ryan is going to take me!"

My father frowned. "But not all these people at the party will be Asian."

"Yah huh! Justin only hangs around other Filipinos and some white people! Pleaseee?"

"Fine."

I smiled, satisfied with his final answer.

I walked up to my room before my dad could change his answer.

Laying in bed, I thought of the stupidest thing a person could think;

My life is going perfectly. My life is perfect.

Gosh, was I wrong.

But how was I supposed to know everything would change?