Kush

"And after hitching ride after ride, I landed here with you." I say to the man sitting behind the wheel of a new Mercedez.

The man was a tall and muscular lightskinned man. He didn't mind my race and I didn't mind his. He was 23 with short blonde hair. 

"And now you're 17?" He asked me.

"Yup. Just trying to find my way." I told him. "But... now I wanna know about you."

He side glanced me. "I'm not gonna hold anything back ma, it's gonna be vulgar and shit, I hope you know that."

I nodded and accepted the fact that I was riding in a car with a popular drug dealer from the South Side of Chicago. That was the first thing he said to me after I found him in a diner in Arizona.

I had followed him to his car and asked him for a ride. He looked harmless. He looked like sex on a platter. Then he said to me, "I'm Black Disciples. You sure you down to ride?"

Not knowing much about the Black Disciples, except for the fact Chief Keef was in it. Ya' know, the basics.

He started by sighing. "This Ana, is my story."

-ROCKY-

"What do you want?" I asked Brenshantay, Bre for short.

"You need to spend some time with your child." she responded hastily.

I rolled my eyes, taking a hit from my most recent blunt. "I'm not taking in that baby so you can go work on that corner. You want money, I'll just give it to you."

"That's not why-"

"Don't lie." That's how I met Bre. I was selling my drugs on one corner, she was hoeing on another. I walked over to her, and bow, love at first sight.

I was determined to get her off the corner, make her my wifey. She looked like something had turned her bad, I wanted to turn her good.

Later, I learned the hard way she would never and could never leave the streets; kind of like me. The worst part is that she fucked other people while we were together; I didn't even dare to cheat.

That baby of hers, he looks nothing like me, nothing about him screams EFFRIN but I take care of little man when I can anyway, he deserves that father figure.

Pretty poor choice of a father.

"I'll watch Keon for you, aight? But stop telling people that's my kid when you know he ain't."

"Fine, but don't bring him around any drugs Effrin, or I swear to God-"

"You won't do nothing. Now get out my house."

Bre obliged and left. I looked down to my side and saw Keon, the little two year old boy I raised. He was a lightskinned boy, freckles scattered along both his cheeks. His eyes were green, while mine grey. His long brown hair desepretaly needed to be cut or styled. I chose to style it.

I put the blunt down picked Keon up. 

"How ya' doin' little man?"

He looked me in my eyes. "Nobody loves me."

"What are you talking about?" I sat him and down on my lap and kissed his forehead. "I love you."

He blinked rapidly and smiled big. "I love you too Rocky!" But then his eyes got sad again as he said, "Mommy doesn't love me. She said she didn't. She says I'm a horrible son"

"Don't worry about it. She's crazy. You're amazing, aight? Don't let anyone  let you down, always stay up."

"Where'd you learn that?"