V. TODO LO QUE QUERÍA ERA TI

|all i wanted was you|

I stood with my arms crossed, watching as the Ranger dragged Scott out from the back of his pickup

I had blown up on Richie the night before, begging him to stop asking me what happened and to stop apologizing. It got to the point where I had to kick him out of the room — if he wasn't going to stop talking, I was going to give him the boot. So, I refused to leave my humble abode.

I hadn't seen Seth, not since we split up when we arrived back at the hideout. The drive out of the barn had been tedious and awkward: me in the back seat, worried that Seth might break in any moment; Richie in the passenger's seat, tweedling with his fingers and trying to find the right words to say; Seth in the driver's seat, seeping with anger and trying not to hit a tree head-on.

I didn't know what else to do, how to go about this situation, and what someone sensible would do in my position.

A hard knock came from my door and I sat up, calling for them to come in.

Seth swung my door open, standing on the outside and not daring to come in, "You're gonna wanna see this."

Which led me to right now.

"I don't know how he got to her first, but it was Kate," the Ranger drags Scott into the compound, throwing him inside the cage while Richie locks it.

I watch as Scott bounces back immediately, banging on the cage with his fangs out. He looks around us wildly, like some crazed animal who didn't know where he is. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen Scott, missing the kid much more than I care to admit.

"Wait, Kate?" I ask, looking at the men surrounding me, "You saw Kate?"

"It's not Kate, anymore. If I hadn't stopped her, she would've killed him." The Ranger pointed to Scott, who paced the cage.

"What do you mean 'it's not Kate, anymore'?" I question.

"What do you mean 'stopped her'?" Seth asks, stepping up to get a look at Scott.