III. LOS JUEGOS QUE JUGAMOS

|the games we play|

I wake up while Richie snores beside me from the previous night

I wake up while Richie snores beside me from the previous night. I slowly creep out of bed and quickly put on clothes.

With one last look behind me, I slip out of the room quietly.

I enter the kitchen, starving. I start to munch on the closest thing I could get my hands on.

"Good morning," Seth walks in, opening a cabinet and grabbing a mug, taking the coffee pot and pouring himself a cup.

"You drink coffee?" I ask, watching him.

"What else would I drink in the morning?" He asks, giving me a quizzical look.

"I don't, I guess I thought you would drink a glass of whiskey, or at least something in that range,"

He chuckles, sipping from his mug, his eyes remaining on me, "did you hear it last night?" He asks, his face bright and excited.

"Hear what?" I ask, like as if I heard anything last night.

"Richie had a lady friend over," he looks down, concentrating on something else.

I cough, trying to hide my surprise, "he did?" I ask, "oh, I thought it was a movie or something," I start to play with my food, losing my appetite.

"Yeah, I bet you she's in the room with him right now," he laughs, "so glad he's over that culebra prick,"

I hear a door open and shut and in shuffled Richie, opening the fridge and taking out a bottle that has blood in it.

"Long night?" Seth asks, looking at me, his face filled with amusement and happiness.

"Very," he says, drinking from the bottle, his eyes meet mine.

"You finally got some after Santanico," he says with a smile, "isn't it just great?" He asks, looking at me.

I almost choke, "yeah, it's remarkable," I emphasize.

"How was it?" Seth asks.

"Incredible, I think I might be seeing her again tonight," he looks at me once more.