II. LA LLORONA

|ghost of a woman|

"Things get a little real and you want to take off, I'm stunned," Richie says as Seth steps into his room, opening his closet, I follow behind

"Look, you want to work your way up the food chain with your little floosie, be my guest, okay?" He says, refusing to look at me, "go impress your bosses, fuck, go make yourself a Lord. I'm done looking over my shoulder every minute of the day,"

"Ah, so that's why you're running," Richie says, "you're scared,"

Seth stops what he was doing, looking at Richie, "you selfish little prick, I stuck around here to help you,"

"Really? Cause I'm not your people, remember?" Richie asks, "you never gave a shit about me, or this place, about what we've built,"

"Richard," Seth says, emphasizing, "we are flunkies, alright? We go to mid-bosses and we beg for money. This place is built on bad blood, on the body of a dead kid,"

He's talking about Kate. I know they had grown close, but I don't know how deep the connection was. I walk out the room, knowing that they were going to want privacy.

I shouldn't have been in there in the first place.

I hear a gunshot from the room as I race in to see Seth have a gun in his hand, Richie on the floor against a wall, and a bullet in his head. I turn to face Seth, "what the hell?"

"Don't worry, he'll be back," Seth says, turning his back to me.

"I seriously can't take you anymore," I say, gritting my teeth.

"Oh, oh, you can't take me?" He laughs to himself, turning around to face me.

"That's what I said, right?" I ask, folding my arms, "you know what? You're impossible-"

"Save it, I don't care what you think of me anymore than what I think of you," he interrupts.

"And what do you think of me? Because you were pretty clear the last time," I say, pointing it out, I'm still mad, I don't think I could ever stop being angry.