Part 1 - The Start of Sweet Smelling Butthurt

Dedicated to: HaruChanSan as her version inspired me to write my own.

Note: If you haven't read the blurb, please do so now so you know what you're getting into.

*EDITED - anything without this indication is my old version of asshole opinions*

A lot of people on Wattpad (including myself, don't get me wrong) use cliche's frequently. We use them to the point that cliche story-lines are what most of the stories on Wattpad consist of. No, not all. There are many unique stories on here - but it seems you have to be on 'the right side of Wattpad', if you catch my drift. Of course, cliche is a massive feature of writing and are allowed to be used, in fact, some could argue it'd be wrong to not use at least some sort of cliche. Undoubtedly, nothing is completely original nowadays anyway. Everything has to come from somewhere - idea's combined, perhaps. The problem on Wattpad is people really aren't subtle. And completely unoriginal. In this book of my 'ranting',  I'm going to point out the cliches that I would consider too overused and unoriginal. Or outright stupid and should be considered offensive, to put it bluntly. I'm also going to say things that annoy me that writers/fans of writers tend to do on Wattpad. Oh, and enjoying cliche story-lines from time to time is not wrong. That is not what I'm trying to imply. I even read a lot of cliche books as a guilty pleasure. It's hard to escape. Just to emphasize my note in the blurb, this is only my opinion. A little girl behind a computer screen. If I were you, I wouldn't value my opinion enough to take anything I say into consideration, let alone to heart. but I'm positive some of you will anyway. And that's cool. I'm fine with that. Type your little livers away. Without further ado...

1. Authors not putting in the time and effort to spell correctly (or using abbreviations out of context or dialogue).

Example: 0mfg and lyk den he cum over nd i was lyk wut da fk u doin m8? (A/n sea did any ting b spelt wrong there???? no!!!!!!) he said dat he luvd me nd i was lyk omfg score then i hit him rund da face with a 50 inch tv f0r absel n0 reason ! ! !! 0x0x0xx.0xxoxoxo (A/n: y do u kipe hatin on ma spellin???!! ha ur so fkin jel kill urself wnna bs!xD)

It's unbelievably frustrating when people do this. Especially when the authors can't go back and account for their spelling mistakes, which shouldn't be a big deal nor offensive, and claim that they are correct. Sure, mistakes are made with spelling and such and when it's understandable enough to read it normally won't bother me. In fact, I won't mind at all. It shows the writer is still developing or maybe hasn't had enough time to spell check yet. It's when the writer clearly doesn't have an idea how to spell particular words and just leaves them without spell check with words that you can't automatically decipher is when it annoys me. And then come the abbreviations. This may seem hypocritical to readers who see how I type outside of this, but I consider that different. I find 'chavvy' slang funny to use when I'm not seriously typing and am using it on social networking and it differentiates whether I'm serious or not. Don't worry, when I'm arguing or attempting to make a point the grammar nazi turns right back on. But on a program you use purposely for literacy, you would think you could spell something as simple as 'like' properly when out of dialogue. If you're trying to show the character texting, fine. But when being descriptive, no. Fuck, please don't misinterpret what I mean by that. I completely understand if some people have difficulties with spelling, (if you do you could use a spell checker when you're on a browser. Wattpad has one on top if you haven't noticed; it took me a while to realise it was staring me in the face. I'm not sure if this is the case when you're on your phone though), but most of the spelling mistakes I've came across are abbreviations. I joined Wattpad with the stereotypical view of 'everyone here loves literature and are most likely grammar nazis, don't fuck this one up Jodie or you'll get cyber bullied you waste of skin'. I obviously know that isn't true, except maybe the last part, but when I'm writing I like to switch on that attitude just to prevent any extreme mistakes. It's key if you want people to understand your story, and not have to use their effort on deciphering abbreviations. Trust me, I am aware that this rant is jam-packed with grammar and spelling mistakes, but I don't take this as seriously as I would when actually writing a story. The irritation flows straight from my brain to what you're reading right now. Even though the same could be said about my proper writing. Anyway, take time to edit!