Chapter 3 - Crushing

[Ayane's POV]

As I was facing my opponent, a certain ninja kept clouding my mind. There was no big deal about that ninja. I just met him a few minutes ago and I refused to look at him from the upper portion of the venue. He was standing near the Hokage, and even without me looking at him, I knew of where he was.

I didn't know what got my attention. Maybe it was his mysterious personality that made me want to know him more. I knew for myself that I wouldn't put the effort to know him at all. Who knew where this curiosity might lead to? The last thing that I wanted to happen was to have myself tailing him around like a lovesick fool.

Wait, why did I say a lovesick fool? I clearly wasn't thinking about liking him, right?

But he sure got my whole attention.

"It would rather be thrilling if you would take this match seriously," my opponent snapped me out of my thoughts. He was a guy around my age and I didn't know of his name. He's got this unique spiky green hair that would surely get all the attention of everyone around him.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"You should focus,"

"I will," I bowed my head then decided to take the match seriously.

I then knew that I was in the lower hand when he made a jutsu that was clearly manipulated with water. Water was an element that contradicted me. I didn't know why I hated the water element so much. I bathe, but that's all there is. I hated water users.

Fighting with my opponent now was more difficult than fighting with my opponent earlier. There was underground water so I couldn't stay on the ground. I needed to be in the air. I transferred chakra on the right side of my neck where my tattoo was placed. It was a butterfly symbol for my clan. After three seconds, butterflies came out of the tattoo.

"A Mishima?" my opponent asked and I nodded. "It would be a pleasure to fight someone from a clan that is close to extinction,"

He was right about our clan being close to extinction. We were a small clan and with my parents being killed, the number of members decreased.

A huge amount of butterflies went under my feet and lifted me off of the ground so I would be able to fly.

Let the match begin.

***

"Congratulations on becoming Chuunin, Ayane-chan!" Hinata greeted once again. "But are you okay? It's obvious that you're exhausted,"

"I'll be fine," I smiled at her but felt myself losing consciousness, but it's a good thing that someone caught me from behind.

Using our clan's Kekkei Genkai was always so tiring.

"You should rest," even without looking at the owner of the voice, I already knew who it was. I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks as I was leaning on him for support.

"Why is your face so red?" Kiba decided to join us and asked me something very personal.

"I-I don't know," I answered honestly and stood up straight after I realized that I was still leaning on Shino.

"Naruto invited us for ramen," it was a good thing that Hinata decided to change the subject. "Do you want to come, Ayane-chan?"

"Uhh, sure,"

"Let's go," Hinata sounded excited. I wondered who this Naruto was. Maybe she had a crush on him. Well, that's cute.

As we were walking the streets of Konoha, Kiba kept blabbering something to Hinata. Hinata kept laughing at what Kiba was saying.