Chapter 7 - The Façade

Chapter 7 – The Façade

[Ayane's POV]

"How dare you?!" Kaori yelled as she stood up. "Ambushing one when three are still out? Pretty strategic for the two of you,"

"Shut up," I glared at her.

"Is this guy your lover?" she mocked. "You wouldn't react that badly if you weren't. Or is it a one-sided kind of thing?"

"Don't listen to her, Ayane-chan," Hinata said.

"You're going to be facing me," I pointed out. "So bring it on!"

"I like the fire in your eyes..." Kaori then charged at me. "...too bad it's all going to be for nothing once I beat you," We were both holding kunais and I managed to dodge her attack with mine. "Dog boy! You take care of the lavender-eyed girl!"

I then noticed Kiba charging towards Hinata. I hoped Hinata could handle Kiba so I could focus on my own battle. Hinata and I needed to beat them up before her three sisters appear. If their Kekkei Genkai was to put men under a spell of some sort, I wouldn't need to expect for the worst since there would be no tricks up to their sleeve. I should just watch out of their ninjutsu.

But I noticed something about her...I just needed to confirm it. I made some hand signs then yelled, "Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!"

Even though we weren't surrounded by water, it was possible for this water dragon to be manifested without it based on the user's skill. This was the first water jutsu that I ever mastered all by myself and I was proud of it.

The beast attacked Kaori and she was doing her best to avoid all of the dragon's attacks. "Tch," she blurted out as she almost escaped an attack.

"I'm right then," I grinned at her.

"What are you grinning for?" she asked through gritted teeth.

"You can't use ninjutsu," I pointed out. "I'm guessing even your sisters can't use it too,"

"What a genius you are," she chuckled without any hint of humor. "Even without ninjutsu, I can kill you in an instant,"

"I would like to see you try,"

"Or you would rather like to see your boyfriend try?"

[Shino's POV]

"I'm guessing you're reinforcements from Konoha who were asked by our village?" Kaori asked. She took everyone's silence as a confirmation. "If you people were the reinforcements..." she then laughed out loud. "Naoto even managed to knock you all of!"

"They're weak," One of the girls laughed along with her which I guessed was Naoto.

"This is boring," a cold voice said.

"Every day is boring for you, Chizuru," Kaori glared at her sister.

"Don't take us so lightly!" Kiba yelled. Kiba's here, but where was Akamaru? "I don't go easy on girls,"

"Oh, really?" Naoto asked then within a second, she stood in front of Kiba. Naoto grabbed Kiba's head using both of her hands and forcefully made him look into her eyes.

The girl named Chizuru stood in front of me and without her noticing because of my sunglasses, I looked away. I should go along with their plans then plan for ambush later. I tried imitating Kiba by falling on my knees.

"Ayane-chan!" Hinata shouted. She was really in a panic because of the situation. I couldn't tell them that I was still in the right state of mind because that would ruin the plan.