Chapter 7: The Romance in the Murder

Two days later and there was still no new information about the victims or the UNSUB. Derek and JJ went with Brennan and Booth to interview the family members and friends of the victims. Trying to see if there was any overlap in their social life or any clues as to how the UNSUB was picking his victims.

Back at the Jeffersonian, Reid was standing behind Zack and Hodgins as they took samples from the bodies.

“So agent,” Hodgins said.

“It’s Doctor,” Reid replied absently.

“You have a doctorate? What are you some kind of genius?” Hodgins asked. 

“I don't believe that intelligence can be accurately quantified, but I do have an IQ of 187, three PhD’s, an eidetic memory, and can read 20,000 words per minute,” Reid replied. Hodgins stared at him. “Yes, I'm a genius.”

“He’s IQ is higher than yours Zack,” Hodgins said after a minute. Zack glared at him. A clicking of heels on steps sounded Cam’s arrival.

“Hodgins, don’t you have a weapon to identify?” Cam asked.

“I’m still running it,” Hodgins replied.

“Zack, have you found anything new?”

“Nothing yet,” he said. “I’m still examining the bones.”

“Keep looking, we need something to catch this guy.” 

~

“Okay,” Angela said. “So who is Garcia?” She was curious as to who Emily Prentiss worked with and wanted to know more about her and her team.

“She’s our technical genius,” Prentiss said. “Hacked into the FBI and they offered her a job.”

“What about Reid and Morgan?”

“Reid’s freakishly intelligent and Morgan likes to kick down doors.”

Angela laughed. They had been sitting in her office for the past fifteen minutes because, as Angela had said, there was not much they could do until the others found something or Garcia called them back.

“Is Morgan single?” Angela asked with a smile. Prentiss shrugged.

“I think so, we don’t really get too much into our personal lives outside of work,” she said. “Besides, that bug guy and you seem to have a thing.”

“I’m just keeping my options open.”

“Okay, now I get to ask you about your team.”

“My team?” Angela said. “It’s more like Brennan or Cam’s team, depending on who you ask.”

“Doesn’t Dr. Saroyan run the Jeffersonian? Wouldn’t it be her team?”

“We’ve all been working for Temperance longer, we know her better.”

“Temperance?” Prentiss asked.

“Sorry, Dr. Brennan,” Angela amended. Before Prentiss could ask any of her questions, her phone started to ring.

“It’s Garcia,” she told Angela, pulling it out of her pocket and putting it on speaker. “Did you find anything?”

“There isn’t a connection between all the victims,” Garcia said. “Several of the victims were from the area, but Hick was from California and Bauer was from Minnesota.”

“Any similar places they all went before they well, died,” Angela asked.

“Nope, Underwood and Jackson both went the same coffee shop, but other than that these victims have nothing in common.”