Chapter 9: The Date With Death

"So the victim's name is Keith Maynard," Booth said. He was looking through the contents of the dead guys wallet. "25, from Kentucky and he's an organ donor. He was supposed to show up at his boyfriend's house last night, but he never made it."

"I'll have Garcia check and make sure that he was actually on the flight last night," Morgan said, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Doesn't look like he was hung like the others'" Reid said. He was crouched next to the body, examining the wrists. "There's no bruising."

"So, it's less about the torture and more about the kill now," Booth said. "Great, let's have the squints take a look. Maybe they'll be able to find something."

"Garcia said that Keith Maynard was on the flight from Kentucky and that footage shows him getting into a taxi outside the airport," Morgan said after he hung up the phone. "And guess who was driving the taxi?"

"Who?" Brennan asked. She was watching as Hodgins took soil samples from around the corpse.

"Andrew Meyer."

"You're kidding," Booth said. Morgan shook his head. "I vote that we go ask Mr. Meyers a few more questions."

"Hotch and Prentiss are already on their way to pick him up," Morgan said.

"I told you there was something wrong," Brennan said.

"What?" Booth asked. "You did not."

"Did too," Brennan replied. "Remember the pictures."

"Of his dead wife? That part is normal, that's part of grieving, Bones."

"Is murder part of grieving too?" Brennan shot back.

Booth rolled his eyes. Reid stood up, pulling off his blue crime scene gloves. "Dr. Brennan is right about the pictures. Morgan can you have Garcia look into the wife's murder, there might be something that explains Andrew Meyer's motivation."

"She's already digging into everything she can find about Meyer's," Morgan replied. "I'll have her add the wife to the list." He pulled out his phone and walked a little ways off to make the phone call.

"How much information does your Garcia have access too?" Hodgins asked. He was pulling plant particulates from Keith Maynard's sweater.

"If it is on the internet," Reid replied. "She can and will find it."

"That's not at all alarming," Zach muttered. He took another several photos.

"Let's pack it up and ship it back to the Jeffersonian," Booth said.

Reid's phone rang as Hodgins and Zach were collecting their equipment. "It's Hotch," Reid said, before answering the phone.

"Did they find Andrew Meyer?" Brennan asked.

Reid ignored her and told Hotch that they were leaving the crime scene momentarily.

"What happened?" Booth asked when Reid hung up the phone.

"Andrew Meyer's wasn't at home," Reid said. "They got a warrant to search the house and discovered personal effects that were traced to the other victims."

"Personal effects?" Hodgins asked.

"A necklace that was Victor Young's, a handful of rings, and some locks of hair," Reid said.

"Oh gross," Zach muttered.

"You think that's gross?" Booth asked. "You look at dead bodies all day."

"So Meyer's is gone?" Brennan asked.

Reid nodded. "According to neighbors he left shortly after we did. They're setting up a patrol outside his house in case he does return."

"Highly doubtful," Booth said. He opened the driver's side and waited for the others to get in.

"Hey, Garcia found out something interesting about the wife," Morgan said. He slide into the backseat. Zach squished between the pair of them.

Hodgins looked into the backseat. "You know what," he said. "I think I'll take a cab back."

"Make sure it's not Meyer's cab," Brennan said.

"You're hilarious," Hodgins replied with a dry and fake laugh.

"What did Garcia find out about the wife?" Booth asked.

"Carrie Meyers was murdered in a home invasion on March 25th back in 2006," Morgan said. "Some kid named Travis Barnes broke into the house. In his testimony he said he thought no one was home, but Carrie surprised him. There was a struggle and she fell, hitting her head on the coffee table."

"An accident then," Brennan said.

"Travis Barnes was sentenced to 20 years," Morgan continued. "When the sentence was read, Andrew was reported to have yelled that the sentence was not long enough and if he ever saw Travis on the streets he would kill him."

"The 25th of March is when the bodies of the victims have been found," Zach said.

"Sounds more and more like Meyer's is our guy," Booth said.

Brennan raised her eyebrows at him.

"Yes, Bones you were right," he added. "Happy?"

"Yes, I am," she said.

"Was Garcia able to get any idea of where Meyer's might be?" Reid asked.

"Not yet," Morgan said. "She's digging into both Carrie and Andrew's lives. Hopefully something should be there."

"In the meantime," Booth said. "Local police should be setting up roadblocks and both airports and train stations have been sent a photo of Andrew Meyers."

"Hopefully it's enough to find him," Brennan said.   

Hello! I am the worst at updating this story and I hope that you will all forgive me! After this chapter there is only about one or two more. I'll probably work on it next week because I am currently swamped with finals at the moment. Thank you all for commenting and putting up with my sporadic updates. 

After I finish the last few chapters I plan on going through the whole story and fixing all the grammar issues.