Chapter 3

About a week and a half later I've already got a new roommate and today is the day he moves in.

The guy's name is Jethro and he's really nice. He has blonde hair and he's quite short. His personality is nice and we seem to get along well. He also has a cat which will be nice as long as she stays away from my geckos and bearded dragon.

I still haven't been getting very much sleep at night so I'm basically living off coffee and naps. I did spend the night at Peter's house the other day and I slept like a rock so that was nice but I also slept on his lumpy old couch so my neck was sore when I woke up but it was way better than nothing.

-

Today is the day Jethro is moving in and I have the boys over to help us unload the truck and I believe Jethro has a friend coming to help as well.

They packed the truck earlier today so now they're on the way and we'll be helping them unload. I'm sure there's not a lot of stuff.

I get a text saying they're just around the corner so I get the guys and we go downstairs. Once they're here we open up the truck and get to work.

Later on when we're done unloading Jethro's stuff we're on the couch eating take out Chinese food while watching some random tv shows.

"So, Jethro, why don't you tell us about yourself," Cooper says randomly.

"Oh, uh, what do you want to know?"

"Oh just like, favorite color, job, sexuality, do you play any sports, things like that."

I pause eating my food when he mentions sexuality. Cooper is bisexual and I've known since the moment he first saw Jethro that he finds him attractive. I sure hope he doesn't scare off Jethro.

"Oh, um, I like red, I work at a grocery store--oh by the way we get a discount at the store down the street, I'll give you my spare card," he lists off. I nod. "Where was I?"

"Sexuality," Coop insists and I give him a look.

Jethro blushes a bit before muttering, "I'm not too sure yet. I haven't really dated anyone and I'm open to trying new things. I guess that would be bicurious." He stops to take a bite of his food while Coop gives me a look back saying he's gonna go for it.

"Then I guess you wouldn't mind seeing a movie with me Friday night?"

He shoots.

"Uh, sure. Sounds like fun," the shy boy responds.

He scores.

Later on I'm woken up when Peter stands up. I guess I had fallen asleep on his shoulder and he didn't notice or something.

"It's getting late and Cooper and I have the morning shift tomorrow so we're heading out. Goodnight guys," Peter says as he tosses his trash in the garbage can.

"Night," I mutter to those two just before they close the door behind them.

Jethro gets up and locks the front door and cleans up the coffee table a bit. "You should go to bed. You look really tired," he tells me while he's washing the forks we used and setting them in the drainer.

"Okay," I mumble. "Goodnight," I add just before going into my room. I toss my shirt in the corner drop my pants by my bed before lying down in only my boxers.

I groan when I realize I didn't turn the fan on or brush my teeth so I just kinda groan and lie there for a second before stumbling my way out of my room and into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and all that and on my way back to my room I find that all the lights are turned off and the paranoia starts to kick in a bit.

I hurry into my room where I turn on the fan and decide to go on my phone for a while to help keep my mind off of things.

Soon I find myself watching shows on netflix at two in the morning and I can barely keep my eyes open so I turn off my phone and try to go to sleep.

Tonight I will sleep well. I have someone here with me. If anything bad happens or freaks me out I can just call out and he'll come running, right?

The shadows start moving around on the walls but I pull the blanket over my head so I can't see them. I'm not going to get myself all freaked out the first night Jethro is here. I don't want him to think I'm some sort of weirdo.

Oh god, something is touching my leg.