Chapter 1

Okay, tonight I will sleep in my bed no matter what. It's all in my head, there's not really anything there. It's just my apartment and thats all.

But what about all those times you felt something touch you? my brain so rudely decides to cut in.

I'm just crazy. I wasn't really touched and there's nothing to be afraid of.

I pull off my t shirt and kick off my jeans, leaving them in some random part of my room. I'll pick them up some day. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth before going back to my room and laying on the bed.

I love this bed. Its a king size and its super comfortable. This room is actually really nice too. I have a few posters up and one or two drawings that my little cousins gave me. One wall is black while the others are a tealish color and there's plenty of room instead of the shoe box I lived in when I lived with my uncle.

I get under the black and gray comforter and switch off the lamp before laying down and getting comfortable.

Work today was so tiring. Its Valentine's day so everyone decided to go to the café I work at on dates. It's a pretty cool place but it's so small and indy that it was honestly surprising but we definitely did not have enough people working.

I'm totally bundled in my blanket when it starts. I glance up for a split second before looking down but I do a double take. I swear I just saw something move across the wall.

I take a deep breath and reluctantly close my eyes before they open again on their own accord. I don't mean to let it happen. I see the room is starting to swarm with the shadows. The walls look like they're closing in with the way the shadows are moving and I feel like they could reach out and grab me.

I quickly sit up and turn on the lamp. The hallucinations are instantly gone like usual and I let a breath out while running my hands through my brown hair.

I haven't slept at all in the past two nights and the week before that I slept horribly, well, what sleep I did get.

I toss aside my blanket and walk to the kitchen where I get a glass of water and lean against the counter. God, what can I do? I can't continue like this. Its not healthy.

I finish my water and set my glass on the counter before going into the living room. I grab the TV remote and press the power button. The screen flicks on and Big Bang Theory is on.

I sit on the couch and watch the show. At some point I realize I've sunken down on the couch and my head is resting back.

I glance at the clock on the DVD player and see that it's around four in the morning and the show has changed to some foreign thing.

When did I doze off? My head hurts and I feel like I haven't gotten any sleep at all.

I lean forward and rub my eyes then the bridge of my nose and my temples, trying to get the head ache to go away. Obviously it doesn't go away like that but it makes it feel a little better in the moment.

I get up and walk to my room on unsteady feet before crash landing on my bed. This is when my bed feels the best to lie on with a stream of light shining into the room as the sun is beginning to rise.

I crawl under the blanket and curl up, burrying my face in my pillow. My body relaxes and I let out a soft groan as I get comfortable.

Finally I can get a little bit of sleep without pills or forcing myself to.