Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I opened the door to my apartment, and walked to my room.  I stopped walking once I reached my door, and slowly walked back to the living room area.

“What are you doing?” I asked the five boys.

“We invited them over!” Carly spoke up.

“So you invited them to my apartment?”

She nodded, grinning, “Well I’m going to bed,” I sighed.

I walked back to my room and shut the door behind me.  It was around midnight already, so I changed into a large shirt and some pajama pants.  I put my hair up in a high bun.  I washed my face and brushed my teeth.  I came out of my bathroom, and almost screamed at the sight of Zayn sitting on my bed.

“When did you get in here?” I asked.

“Just a second ago.”

I nodded, “So, what did you need?” I asked sitting next to him.

“What did you eat today?” He asked.

I sighed, looking down at my hands, “Did you even eat anything?” he asked.

I looked back up at him, “I had a few pieces of popcorn, before I left for work.”

He sighed and I looked back down at my hands, “I know it’s not a lot, but I’m trying, I’m trying Zayn.”

He pulled me into a hug, and I cried, trying not to be loud.  I felt so pathetic, I always ended up crying.  I pulled back and wiped under my eyes, muttering a sorry.  Suddenly I felt tired; I lent my head on Zayn’s shoulder, closing my eyes. 

I opened my eyes as I heard a thump.  Looking around, I noticed I was in bed, with the covers pulled over me.  I sat up, pulling the covers off me and swinging my legs over the side of the bed.  I got up and walked to the door, opening it.  I heard another thump, and looked towards it.  Someone was in the kitchen.

Slowly I made my way towards the kitchen, grabbing the closest thing to me, which happened to be one of Carly’s heels.  The fridge light was on, meaning they were digging in the fridge.  I inched my way over to the fridge, trying to be quiet.  I just got to the door, when a head popped up and I let out a scream, bringing the shoe down.

They fell to the floor, the fridge door shutting.

“Niall?” I looked down at the blonde boy, lying on the floor groaning.

I heard a few people come rushing behind me.

“What happened?” Liam asked.

“Uh…” Was all I could say.

I stood over Niall, “Are you ok?”

He groaned and looked up at me.  I held out my hand, helping him up.  Grabbing a frozen a bag of peas from the freezer I handed it to him.  He placed it on his head, grimacing when it touched his head.

“Is that my shoe?” Carly asked.

I looked down at my hand with the shoe, and slowly put it behind my back, “No?”

She glared at me and snatched it from me, stomping off.  Sammy rolled her eyes and followed after, the other two boys following, leaving me and Niall.

I turned back to him, “I’m sorry; I didn’t realize you all would be sleeping here.”

“Its fine,” He said, staring at me.

We stood there, silent, just staring at each other.  Finally, I looked away, and broke the silence.

“Um, I’m going to go back to bed, sorry again…about you know…hitting you,” I said before turning around heading to my room.