Epilogue, Part 2: Birds Of Any Feather Needs to Work Together

It had been a week or two after Snatcher had built the new house for him and the girls along with getting Mu her belongings. The Mu and Bow Kid had went exploring and found a building that was rebuilt and no statues near it. Those things are creepy. They went in and everything looked find until they found a fireplace with a crown. They grabbed it and ran to Snatcher and showed it to him. He took it and looked at it with regret and sadness. He told them it was a gift to Moon Jumper, his crown when he was still a prince which confused them because of the crown they got from that time rift until he said it was the crown that was meant to crown him as king, the crown that Vanessa hated due to the lack of green, but he loved it the way it is because of the blue that reminded him of his home and his grandfather.

His grandfather loved blue, he told them that and that he told him that blue was what connected him. The next day however shocked him because his study door was painted red with blue lining it. He wanted to be annoyed, but he actually liked it because the dark wood looked a but dull.

However, this isn't about Snatcher right now, no. This is about DJ Grooves and Conductor. They spent three months rebuilding Dead Bird Studios. They worked hard together, planning everything out and making sure there would be no explosives that would take it down like last time. They mapped out the train tunnel that would go inside the studio from time to time, dropping off shipments of props, but would stay on the main tracks, and they planned to have their offices next to each other instead of them having their offices across the hall from each other. Grooves found out that Conductor kept his rewards making him slightly annoyed that he would go through great lengths to protect them, but when he found out that he saved his first place award, he was touched.

There were nights where he and the Conductor would pass out from working at his place and that didn't annoy Conductor as much as he would thought it would. His grandchildren and child were safe and often visited, and Grooves just adored them. They hid in his hair, played with his glasses and bundle themselves into his coat. Conductor loved all of it, however, he was scared of this feeling where he would get butterflies in the stomach whenever he was around Grooves or when he saw Grooves smile. Where his whole face would turn red whenever he heard Grooves call him darling, where his feathers would puff up from Grooves just being himself.

When this started acting up? Long ago AKA three to four years ago, around the time Grooves won his first award and smiled so brightly. Conductor was annoyed that he didn't win, but when he saw how happy it made Grooves, he felt this sharp sting. After that day, he made sure to work twice as hard, one of the many reasons why he is harsh on his owls, but that feeling never really went away. But now, Conductor was happy to have this feeling, but he'll never act on them. The studio was finished and they got right to work on setting everything up. Grooves and Conductor worked and review of what happened during their adventure thanks to the camera badge they kept on them along with Mu's badge.

They worked hard and asked the kids for help on being part of the movie and they gladly agreed. It'll take awhile to work this out and to get everything done to act this out, but leaving out mushy parts, Grooves opened up and wrote down what happened, but leaving out the picture he found in his forbidden head space, and the Conductor didn't know what to really do, but he did give him a slight hug. The movie was close to being finished, but Snatcher had told them that he is taking the kids somewhere for a week, so the movie production was on standby, the editing team was working hard and it made both the penguin and owl happy to know that it was coming out well. If they didn't get the first place award, then so be it. They know with Conductor's action filled scenes to show the essences of what happened during their quest with Groove's lighting and sound effects to make the watcher feel like they were there.

Right now, Conductor was checking on the props and noticed that one of the costumes were ripped. He sighed and grabbed the green dress that was ripped before grabbing some needle and green thread before he sat at a table and started stitching the dress back up. Grooves was walking down the hall, checking out the script and the characters that taking place, they managed to convince Empress and Captain Walrus shoot a couple of shots to get this real, it took awhile, but it worked, however Empress was a natural, most likely because she had to teach herself how to trick the gullible into submission. When Grooves opened the door to the props and costumes, he saw the Conductor stitching away on a dress, not even looking up to see who was there, he's too focused on the dress. Grooves walked over and walked over before watching him work.

When he finished, he cut the thread before checking his work, almost unnoticeable, could use more work, but not bad for someone who hasn't stitched anything up in a few years. And thankfully no one would notice unless they're people who look deep into detail. Conductor turned to his left and was face to face with Grooves, their beaks touch, the top of Conductor's meeting underneath Grooves'. Grooves backed up, his face slightly red while Conductor looked at him before yelling, "What the peck, Grooves?! You don't sneak up on someone and surprise them with trying to kiss them, bloody peck neck!" Grooves looked at him before saying, keeping his cool, "It wasn't much of a kiss, Conductor darling. Besides, if I really wanted to kiss you, I wouldn't have been standing there and watching you work."

"Oh really? Then what would ye have done, peck neck?" Conductor asked. Grooves took a step forward and looked Conductor in the face before saying how he would have kissed him, "I would spin you around before dipping you before kissing you. But why would I do that? We both hate each other." Conductor felt his heart both flutter and break. "Peck neck." Was all that came out of the Conductor's mouth. He got up, taking the green dress and walking off to hang it back up. Grooves smacked himself silly mentally. That was so close to him confessing his feelings and he messed up! Conductor was upset, he knows Grooves would never see him like that, but to hear him say something like that? That just messed with his heartstrings!

But that wouldn't stop him from acting like nothing happened. A day or two had passed from that moment, and Grooves would try to think of something to say, but he didn't know what to say, Conductor pretended like nothing happened, however, on a somber night with a beautiful golden yellow moon with the stars shining brightly, Grooves was watching the night sky, thinking of home and the adventure he had to go through. Grooves enjoyed nights like these, especially when he wanted some peace and quiet. He took off his sunglasses and looked at them. He got these once he grew out of being a little nestling and got his first job. He hid behind sunglasses out of fear of people being able to see his eyes. It's not that he's ashamed of his eyes, he just doesn't like it when people stare at him for a long period of time.

He doesn't mind when people stare at him on TV, but when it's in person, he can't handle it. He was always a shy little nestling, his older sister and parents knew that, he would always avoid people's glares. He was quiet and was mostly home. He didn't really start coming out of the house until his dream of becoming a movie director came into his life. He tried to get over his fear, but he would often cram up before running off and hiding. He would get in trouble with bullies and teachers for wearing sunglasses at school, but after awhile, they gave up, or at least, the teachers did. Grooves sighed, setting the star shaped sunglasses inside his coat's pocket and felt something poke his flipper. He pulled out a small yellow feather and smiled. Conductor's grandchildren.

He didn't feel uncomfortable when it came to the grandchildren, he adores them as mentioned earlier. He started to feel comfortable with Conductor, but he is scared of telling him his feelings. The wind picked up and the feather was taken off into the night. Grooves watched it go before sighing, looking out his office window, using his arms to rest his head on the windowsill. Maybe it was for the best that he didn't tell Conductor his feelings. Who would want a penguin like him? The morning that came was a shock. He found a note pinned on his door from the Conductor. "DJ peck neck, I hate you, but I enjoy your company, I guess. - Conductor," was all the note said, and maybe Grooves shouldn't trust it, but he kept it and felt like he still had a chance. Mu and MB's bet is still going on until one of them bird's up and confesses his feelings for the other.

But that's that for now, the two working together and still annoying each other. That's life for the penguin from the moon and for the strange owl of sort. Hopefully they get over themselves and just admit their feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1,675

This took a bit since I ain't the best with writing Grooves and Conductor really, but I tried!

Start: 4/22/2020 12:51 PM

End: 4/22/2020 5:19 PM