Chapter 12

"Guys you're back!" Meredith squealed running up to the mob of Starkids that had just walked through the studio doors.

"Yep, thats right!" Nick said as Meredith hugged him before going round and hugging the rest of the group. "Now we can get some serious rehearsing done. We've got all the equipment we need and I really do think this will be one of the best performances we've done yet!"

Jaime did a head count and frowned. "Where's Joe?"

"Right here," Joe Walker shouted from behind Jaime, making her jump.

"Not you, Dicky, other Joe."

The studio door opened and Joe Moses walked in with a small female hanging onto his arm. "Hey guys!" Joe said smiling. "This is Tessa Netting, as most of you know, and she's," Joe looked at Tessa and smiled.

"His girlfriend," Tessa finished.

"Awwww!!" Meredith squealed. "Welcome to the family, Tessa!"

"Thanks Meredith," Tessa laughed.

Lauren Joey and Darren all walked into the studio and everybody turned around. "Guys!" Lauren shrieked running up to everybody and giving them hugs.

"Right," Nick said. "Now that everybody's here we can talk about our plans for the next six months."

"What?" Joey asked. "What plans?"

"We're thinking," Matt started. "That we could do a Starkid tour. A couple of months travelling around America and rehearsing, letting all of our Starkid fans get to see the show. Not just the ones that come to our New York show."

"So," Nick said. "What do you think?"

"I think it's a great idea," Brian Holden said as the others nodded in agreement.

"Does this mean what I think it means?" Lauren asked.

"Yes Lauren," Joey replied. "It means-"

"ROAD TRIP!!" she shouted, squealing with the other girls...and Dylan.

"Dylan why are you jumping around...?"

"I'M DUMBLEDORE, I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!"

Julia laughed. "So it's settled then. Road trip it is!"

***

 "Joe," Jaime whispered to the sleeping Walker on her lap. "Joe I can't feel my legs."

"Hm?"

"I said, I can't feel my legs."

"Okay."

Jaime waited for Joe to move, but he stayed still. "Ugh, I give up," she said.

Lauren, Jaime and Dylan had decided that they would crash Joe and Joey's movie night.

Lauren was cuddled up on one side of the sofa with Joey, Jaime was sat on the other side with Joe sat on her legs and Dylan was engrossed in watching a TV show the others hadn't even heard of before.

"Where even is Darren?"

"With...Rose?...I think," Jaime replied.

"That girl he met last week?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah, they've gone out for pizza."

Lauren laughed. "And we're sat here with sleeping boyfriends...and Dylan..."

"Whoah, whoah, whoah," Jaime said. "Joe's not my boyfriend."

"Oh be quiet Jaime, we've all figured it out. The way you look at eachother. The way you act."

"That obvious, huh?" Jaime said guiltily, dropping the act.

"Uh, yes. Especially this last week, you two can't keep your eyes off of eachother."

Jaime smiled as Lauren squealed, waking Joey up. "Lo, why are you squealing?" He looked at Jaime and then at Joe. Lauren nodded and Joey smiled. "YEAAAH JOE'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND!!" Joey shouted really loudly waking Joe up. Dylan's head snapped in the direction of the other's and shouted "OH MY GOSH IT'S CANNON!!" before resuming what he was watching. Meredith, the two Brian's, Julia, and Darren holding hands with a ginger haired girl; Rose, walked in.

"Hey guys," Brain Holden said holding up a box. "We brought doughnuts!"

"HECK YEAH!" Lauren shouted jumping up from the sofa and grabbing as many doughnuts as she could carry. She crammed the first one in her mouth, whole, and waddled back to the sofa.

"Oh my god, Lo!" Joey laughed looking at his girlfriend's hoard of doughnuts. "You've got quite a few there."

"I'm likene ags snbsiqjerle sthrofbwing nduts forbr winher!"

"What?" Jaime asked. Lauren swallowed her mouthful of doughnut and spoke again. "I'm like a squirrel storing nuts for winter," Lauren repeated, smiling.

"Of course you are..." Jaime chuckled.

"But a very cute squirrel," Joey said kissing the top of Lauren's head.

"Why thank you Joey," Lauren said before Joey proceeded to shove a second doughnut into her mouth.

"Fanks, yoo pfoo-hread!" Lauren said, chewing the doughnut.

"Poohead? Thanks for the compliment," Joey smirked.

"Your'iure wewklcome!" Lauren grinned displaying her mouthful of doughnut. Joey crawled onto Lauren's lap and purred.

"Joey, what are you doing?" Brian Rosenthal asked.

"Being a cat."

"Of course you are..."

Meredith smiled. "We're gonna have so much fun over the next year." She looked at her fellow Starkids. "I love you guys."

"We love you too," everybody chorused getting up and hugging Meredith. "Guys, I can't...breathe..." Meredith gasped. Everyone laughed and let go.

"ROAD TRIP BRING IT ON!!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

So hi guys!

It's been a while, I know, but here it is! The penultimate chapter of this story. I know it was veeerrrryyyy short but hopefully the next *AND FINAL* chapter will make up for it.

And one more thing...

OH MY GOD GUYS WE REACHED 1000 READS AND ASDGHJKL; I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED BUT WHOAH THANK YOU SO MUCH AND I HOPE YOU ARE STILL ENJOYING THIS STORY AND I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

P.s. Yes Vicki you will hate me after you've read the final chapter ;) you're welcome

-Ruby x-DumblediusClaudore