Chapter 4

"Hey guys," Jaime said walking with Dylan into the hotel room Meredith and Brian were staying in.

"Hey Jaime," Meredith said eating some maltesers.

Jaime sat next on a chair by the window and Dylan sat down on the king sized bed by Meredith. Meredith put the magazine she was reading down and turned to Jaime. "Have you heard about Joe?"

"No what's happened?" Jaime asked.

"He broke his toe this morning. Dropped the kettle on it."

"All he wanted was a cup of coffee!" Holden said, striding in and sitting cross legged on the floor beside Jaime.

Dylan laughed at the news about Joe and Jaime looked at Meredith concerned. "Is he okay?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah, he's fine," Meredith replied. "He's at the hospital with Darren, I don't think they'll be able to rehearse today."

"Oh, about rehearsals, Lauren is ill and Joey's keeping her company so they won't be able to come either," Jaime said.

"So really, there's no point in actually rehearsing today then?" Brian said.

"No...do you guys want to go bowling?"

***

After leaving the hotel, Meredith, Brian, Jaime and Dylan went to the bowling alley and proceeded to stay there for the next 2 hours. When the time for their alley ran out, Brian and Dylan had a dance battle in the arcade and Meredith and Jaime sat in the cafe. "Guess what?" Jaime said.

"Hmmm, kangaroos are rebelling against the Australians?" Meredith guessed.

"Close but no," Jaime said with Meredith looking disappointed. "Joey kissed Lauren."

Meredith's face lit up. "No way!"

"Yes way! When we were making fun of them, Joey kissed her to prove that they didn't have feelings for eachother and now Lauren thinks she might be falling in love with him!" Jaime squealed.

"Oh my god this is brilliant!" Meredith exclaimed. "Richpez is real!! Wait until I tell the others!" she said getting up from her seat.

"No, no, no!" Jaime said stopping Meredith. "You can't tell them."

"Why?" Meredith asked sitting back down.

"Because if you tell Brian and Dylan then they'll tell Joey and Lauren hasn't told him yet," Jaime explained.

"But why wait? They have a connection, why can't she tell him how she feels?"

"Because she's not 100% positive she likes him like that..."

"But they're totally perfect for eachother!!" Meredith whined.

"I know..."

Meredith smirked. "We're gonna get them together..."

***

Joey gazed at a sleeping Lauren and smiled. At the beginning of the film she had snuggled up to him and had remained there until it had ended. He quickly shifted his gaze when he thought about the weirdness of this situation and that it was quite creepy to be watching over your sleeping friend. He wasn't Edward Cullen. Joey made a face like a vampire as he realised Lauren was about to wake up. Lauren's eyes opened and she jumped back.

"I am Count Draculaaa!" Joey said in a raspy voice. "Look at my fangs! Aren't they marvellous!?"

"Joey!" Lauren whined hitting his arm as he burst into evil laughter.

"Mwahahaha!" he said before pulling Lauren into a hug. "Aww I'm sorry Midget, did I scare you?"

"No," Lauren replied. "I was acting."

"Of course you were, Midget. Now that you're up, I'll go and make you a lemon drink to sort out that pesky throat of yours," he said getting up and walking into the kitchen.

"Nooo! Joey you know how much I hate that drink!! Its makes me feel worse than I did before," Lauren complained traipsing after him.

"Well its the only way we're going to sort out that cold, so tough luck," he said getting a mug from the cupboard and putting the kettle on. There was silence for a while until Joey spoke again. "Lauren?"

"Yeah?"

"You know what happened yesterday?...Well...I shouldn't have done it...can we forget about it? About the kiss?..."

"What kiss?" Lauren said smiling. Joey smiled back and pulled her into a hug. Lauren sighed. Joey wanted to forget about it. He wanted to stay friends. This is what she had wanted, wasn't it? Yet, she couldn't help but feel saddened by this.

_______________________________________

Thank you for reading this chapter of my fanfic. Sorry it was so short, the next chapter will be longer, I promise :) If you enjoyed it feel free to leave a comment telling me what you thought and make sure you vote. I really do appreciate the lovely comments that people have been giving me so thank you very much <3 :D

Ruby x

-DumblediusClaudore