22 - The End.

22 - The End. 

Gerard didn't mind the long haul plane journeys so much now that he'd perfected the ability to sleep the whole way through. And invested in a good neck pillow. As nice as Frank's shoulder was, it was still a bit bony after a while. 

When they landed back in Jersey they didn't have to wait too long at baggage reclaim, and as soon as Frank was reunited with Pansy he and Gerard got coffee whilst their taxi's were called. 

"You jumping in with us?" he asked Mikey. 

"Yeah, Frank's just calling it now" Mikey nodded "I think they're getting a big one so Ray and Brian can jump in too, we're all heading the same way." Bob had already got his connecting flight to Chicago. 

"So" Brian said, approaching him a bit nervously "how are you doing Gerard?"

"Better" he smiled "honestly. I think i'm getting through the worst of it now, and keeping the caffeine up is helping.." 

"And what's the plan? I know you're not keen on rehab, so I won't push it anymore unless you ask, but I also don't like the thought of you being on your own at all, especially for the next few weeks." 

"I'm going to stay with him" Gerard hadn't even noticed Frank walk up behind him until he spoke "we've gotta call in at mine on the way so I can grab some clean clothes, but I'm not going to leave him on his own." 

"I'll be round a lot too" Mikey chimed in "so between us we should manage fine." 

"That sounds good with me" Brian nodded "I've got to go manage another tour, but if you need me for anything, please don't hesitate to call. I don't care how small it is, okay?" 

"Understood" Gerard nodded and then turned to Frank "we can stay at yours for a bit first if you'd rather have a night at home." 

"Nah, I don't mind at all" Frank shrugged "it's better we get you settled back at yours anyway. Plus, you have a far better selection of horror movies." 

"He has a point there" Mikey agreed as their taxi pulled up "shotgun!" 

*

Gerard and Frank were the first to be dropped off, figuring they'd gather Frank's things and then he could drive them over to Gerard's apartment, which wasn't far at all. 

Frank's apartment was small but pretty tidy. The walls were covered with old gig posters from shows he'd been to when he was a teenager, and he owned a stupid amount of guitars. Gerard had hung out there plenty of times in the past, but it felt so different stood there now, as his boyfriend's apartment. 

He sat down on the sofa and waited as Frank dumped all his tour gear in the washing machine and then proceeded to pack a new bag of clean clothes. 

"I'll come back in a few days and grab some more" he reasoned as he chucked his duffel bag on the floor "we should stop at the store too and get some food. And you'll need milk for your coffee." 

"Shall we just order pizza and i'll drink black coffee till tomorrow?" Gerard yawned, and Frank chuckled. 

"Pizza's always good with me. But we're eating healthy from tomorrow okay? Your body is a temple and all that shit." 

"It will be nice to cook properly" Gerard hummed "It's been a long time since i made my chickpea curry..." 

"I've got this great new veggie burger recipe too" Frank said as he thumbed through his record collection, pulling a few out to bring along too "god, we sound like a married couple, don't we?"