Chapter 44

When I woke up, I was surprised to see that I was in a meadow filled with beautiful wildflowers. The air was crisp, and smelled wonderful. I looked around and the meadow was surrounded by a forest that held the largest trees I had ever seen. The sky was clear and the sun felt amazing on my skin, even though the air was chilly. Where am I? I don't think I've ever seen this place before. It's beautiful. I could stay here forever. Maybe I'll bring Kakashi one day. He'd like it.

"Mika." I heard a familiar voice say. It sounded like Father's, but softer. That's impossible though. Father died. Or I'm finally going crazy. That's also possible. I slowly turned around to face the voice, and my eyes widened. It's him.

"Father?" I whispered. Tears were forming in my eyes, and I was afraid my voice would break if I spoke any louder. He looked healthy. He looked more rested than I had ever seen him. His hair was the same: shoulder length,  parted in the middle with short pieces framing his face. His eyes were kinder, much like his voice. "Am I dead?" I finally got out, tears starting to flow.

"It appears so." He walked closer to me and pulled me into a hug. I gasped at the gesture. He hasn't hugged me since Obito died. Tears started flowing harder from my eyes, and I hated myself for it. He probably thinks I'm weak. "Come, let's sit." He released me and led me over to a fallen tree for us to sit on. I dried my tears, and looked at him in disbelief. He's really here. My father. And I'm dead. Where's Kakashi? Did he die? Where is everyone else? "We've missed you, Mika." My father said to me with a smile. I gave him a small smile back.  "You look just like your mother." I smiled more at this.

I always thought my mom was beautiful, and I knew I resembled her, but to look just like her was amazing to me. Of course, my hair was basically purple instead of black, but I could see the similarities otherwise. We both had the typical Uchiha eyes, but a softer face, lacking in the harsh angles my father and Sasuke inherited. My cheekbones were more like Sasuke's, but everything else resembled Mom. Our hair is what set us apart. Mom's hair was black like coal and fell to the middle of her shoulder blades, where as mine was black with a purple tint, much like Sasuke's blue one, and my hair fell to the small of my back.

"You have no idea how much I've missed everyone." I said, tears threatening to fall again. My face fell, remembering how I failed with Itachi and Sasuke. "I'm so sorry, Father." I said grimly. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"What for?" He asked, concern written on his normally stern face.

"Itachi. I-I wanted to stop him, but I went on that stupid mission." I started. "And Sasuke. He's fallen so far and it's all my fault." Tears were threatening to fall again.

"Mika, Itachi did what he thought he had to do. After dying, I realized that the coup was wrong. He did the right thing. He protected the village, and you and Sasuke." I gasped.

"No! Killing everyone wasn't right. I had a plan! I was going to fix it when I got home! I was going to marry Shisui and take over and stop the-"

"No, sweetie. It wouldn't have made a difference." My eyes went wide.

"Yo-you've never called me that before." I whispered making my father chuckle.

"I guess death has made me soft." I smiled. I liked my father much more like this. We might have been able to get along if he had been this way when he was alive. "The whole clan wanted the coup. Marrying Shisui wouldn't have changed anything. Both of you would have been overruled in the decision. Plus, you never loved him." I sighed. He was right. I didn't love Shisui. And apparently I couldn't have changed the coup, no matter how much I wanted to. I decided to finally give up the idea that I could. There were still answers I wanted though. When I saw Itachi, I'd ask.